New to Ohio!

xVICIOUSx

Hello,

I moved to Ohio this past November and I am hoping to meet some fellow riders to carve up the roads with. 

I sure have and have already hit the Amish trail and a few other routes in Ohio. I use the website www.motorcycleroads.com which has helped me find some great routes. Have a trip planned next month for 2 full days of riding around Marietta. I have done the route 26 route already down there and loved it but cant wait to go back and hit it again along with the Triple Nickel. 

Welcome!  The valley is nice to cruise through if you don't want to wander too far from home, as are many roads to the SE & SW of Canton.

It sure is a nice ride, my 8 year old daughter loves to ride with me every chance she gets and she loves this ride. 

Beware the 555!  I just rode it last week and it's it's absolutely tore up and a danger to ride.  The southern 1/3 to the river is okay but anything north of that up to Zanesville is absolutely trashed.  They are doing a pipeline project and have a gravel mill along the route.  All the heavy truck traffic has removed entire sections of road that are filled in with mud and rocks!  Stay away!

Edited by Diavel

Beware the 555!  I just rode it last week and it's it's absolutely tore up and a danger to ride.  The southern 1/3 to the river is okay but anything north of that up to Zanesville is absolutely trashed.  They are doing a pipeline project and have a gravel mill along the route.  All the heavy truck traffic has removed entire sections of road that are filled in with mud and rocks!  Stay away!

Wow!  Thank you very much for the update on that section of the road.  

welcome to the group, have you been through the cuyahoga valley yet?

I've been riding for a few years now, from North Canton and I haven't been through the cuyahoga valley. Was just at the Gorge park in Akron yesterday though!

Any good way to find out the good routes to take around the valley?

I've been riding for a few years now, from North Canton and I haven't been through the cuyahoga valley. Was just at the Gorge park in Akron yesterday though!

www.motorcycleroads.com is what has helped me find some of the best roads so far.  I am looking to get out on Saturday so hit me up if you want to ride and I can show you the roads in the area that I hit regularly. 

Hey! I live next door in Massillon and trust me, there are better roads south. I grew up in Akron and know the valley and while there are a few decent roads there, it's nothing compared to what you'll find half an hour south of rt 30. Pm me if you want to get together sometime and ride.