out with the old in with the not so old

Jhaynes08

Hello everyone, Im looking to sell my 03 zx6r by the end of the year (not advertising just the point of the thread) and i was considering going picking up a newer speed triple. The big motivation behind this i miss my 02 SV650 on the way it handled the bumps and crappy roads in NEO. It was down on the power that i really wanted it to have. Any input from people that own or owned speed triples i would appreciate input. 

My cousin has an fz09. Good little bike but it's got it's issues. The fueling is super twitchy, espcially in the high performance mode. Standard isn't as bad. His biggest complaint is that when you're in motion and in gear but not applying throttle the computer cuts the fuel completely off. This leads to over engine braking and very twitchy coming out of it.

If price is the major factor, check out the fz09... But there's plenty of better naked bike options out there.. I'd take a used speed triple over a new fz09 without even having to think it over

I don't own a speed triple, but I have a cb1000r and that's the bike all the riding mags compare to mine... I love my bike, it's the perfect machine for daily duty and weekend fun... Not super comfortable but overall not bad, the upright riding position helps with fatigue... Not sure how the seat on the triple is though... The power is plenty for a naked, as you won't find yourself over 80-90 often anyways

Like I said, I haven't ridden a triple, but I've read countless reviews comparing them to my bike with a general consensus that the triple feels a little more snappy... I would have got one if I could get past the ugly headlight setup... But some people like that look

Call around to dealers and find someone with a demo bike or used bike you can test ride

If price is the major factor, check out the fz09... But there's plenty of better naked bike options out there.. I'd take a used speed triple over a new fz09 without even having to think it over

I don't own a speed triple, but I have a cb1000r and that's the bike all the riding mags compare to mine... I love my bike, it's the perfect machine for daily duty and weekend fun... Not super comfortable but overall not bad, the upright riding position helps with fatigue... Not sure how the seat on the triple is though... The power is plenty for a naked, as you won't find yourself over 80-90 often anyways

Like I said, I haven't ridden a triple, but I've read countless reviews comparing them to my bike with a general consensus that the triple feels a little more snappy... I would have got one if I could get past the ugly headlight setup... But some people like that look

Call around to dealers and find someone with a demo bike or used bike you can test ride

i did find this one. http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Addams-Auto-Cycle-824490/listing/2006-Triumph-Speed-Triple-111520604

My only concern would be if the title is clean and not rebuilt/salvage. It does say repaired and re-inspect-able but the vehicles in PA require an inspection every so many years before they will allow you to buy tags for them. Once i get the cash, i hope that would be before the bike sells, ill call them up and inquire further about the bike.