It's finally happened

Bad324

That was the reason for the sale of the Tahoe and vfr. So my only debt would be the mortgage once my wife's student loan is paid off come next March. Then I free up plenty of toy fund!

Then why not wait and buy what you really want that isn't as old? If you want to drive down here next Wednesday you can take one of the bikes up to qsl

They always say that.... Show up with cash, people always willing to negotiate. 

I don't have the time to waste going to the back getting cash and showing up just for them to say no. If they don't want to take it then I'll find another :)

Pick up the FZ1 and become friends with Ivan.

He has everything you need to sort that bike out.

This is exactly what I was getting to say. I logged tons of miles on my fz1 as well as did some track days. Become friends with ivan. An ivans kit is the best way to make these bikes run smoothly. Mine never even needed the choke. Ever. Didn't matter what the temperature. Slight crack of the throttle, thumb the button and away she would go. 

One thing to check into is the second gear issue as mentioned. My fz1 had this issue. Worn dogs. the symptoms would never show itself until I was in the 7-9k RPM range. Once it would hit 7k, it would kick, as if the chain was skipping teeth. When I test rode my fz1, I never rode it hard. I recommend running it through its paces just to be sure. At the time,  I ended up swapping a low mileage donor engine in, for less than the cost of parts to fix my 2nd gear problem. It was win win, as my bike had a large amount of track time prior to me getting it. I logged close to 30k on mine. If you have any questions just ask =) 

I don't have the time to waste going to the back getting cash and showing up just for them to say no. If they don't want to take it then I'll find another :)

The trick to getting a good deal is to be ready to pounce.  Go to the bank NOW and get your cash out, so that when a steal comes along, you can jump on it.

• Upvote 1

I'm always amazed when people say that they'll give me cash like they're doing me a big favor. Look around my garage, there's no credit card machine and no bank teller. Cash is all I accept!

RIght? that's always made me laugh. But I guess maybe its from the old days when people used checks :lol:

Maybe it's because so many people show up without cash. I had a guy come look at my old VFR without cash and threw a bitch fit when I wouldn't let ride it.

Then he threw an even bigger bitch fit on the phone when he showed up at my work a week later after I sold it

How much do you actually get to ride, Brian?

Your past purchases have kind of shown that you want what you want, but as infrequently as you ride, I would seriously suggest looking at the Ninja 250 or 300.   Either will be dirt cheap to insure while it sits in your garage 350 days of the year, and there is always a solid market of new riders to sell them to in the spring.  Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, a 250 is as much bike as anyone needs for the street.  You've sworn off track days, and I don't recall you doing any kind of touring that a 250 couldn't handle.

What's the downside of giving it a try, and selling it if you don't like it?

https://www.facebook.com/sofuoglu/videos/10153061453324599/

(that's a 250 single, but the point is the same...)

Edited by redkow97

Can a 250 handle my fat ass? :lol: But my wife likes to ride along from time to time and no way a 250 would work.

Whatever bike I may end up with next will be cheap enough that I'll just run liability on so insurance cost I'm not too concerned about

Can a 250 handle my fat ass? :lol: But my wife likes to ride along from time to time and no way a 250 would work.

A 250 would carry you beyond the legal speed limit just fine.  a 300 would probably carrying your wife as well.  Unless she enjoys much more spirited riding than my wife tolerates, I think you'd be fine.