Ride Sunday Sept 13, Ne Oh to most likely Marrietta via back roads and back.

theroamr

I'll be at Bolivar Dq at 800ish leaving at 815ish. Then to 83 and 93 in Otsego at 930 waiting til 1000ish for others to show. Then into McConnelsville arriving around 1100-1115 for others to show. We'll then decide rest of route together leaving no later than 1130.

Just my .02. I think trying to merge with the Epic ride will result in confusion. And I tend to think our pace doesn't work well with the Epic ride pace.

Like I said, just my opinion. I'm good with whatever we do.

Better roads, longer route, known riders, less drama would be my guess. Kudos to you Derek for persevering trying to bring all riders together but I only get a limited number of sport riding days per year, & given my style of riding I found Brian's ride to be my best choice. Hope your ride turns out to be good.

Initially we just planned to ride Sunday, and then you guys moved the epic ride to Sunday so they then we're on the same date. But not originally.

Yeah, honestly I'd echo what Jim said. But in addition to that, I've done the epic ride a few times, and I like seeing all of the guys that are there. Usually I like my riding to be a little more organic, and less organized....which allows for route changes and unplanned stops. That, and with the pace that we keep, the familiarity of the group and the member's skill level lets everyone be a little more confident in each other and the ride as a whole. At least that's how I feel.

And like Jim said, we will probably ride double the miles of the epic ride route tomorrow.

Anyway, yes I got the Tuono. It's a great bike. Really enjoying it man. I'll see if I can post a picture.

So looks like we will stick to meet times at 800ish in Bolivar to leave by 815, Otsego 945ish, and McConnellsville 1100-1115. Cu guys tomorrow.

Sounds good. Bundle up. Supposed to be pretty chilly in the am. :)

All maintenance items checked and ready to go. I'm a go unless it's raining when I get ready to leave or I get rained on getting there or it's raining at the meeting spot in Otsego. I'm not riding in the rain again this year. I've only rode three times this year and two of them in rain.

To address the Epic ride question. Most of the reasons are posted above. There were only two riders in the fast group this spring. On that ride we added miles to the route because there are so many good roads in the area and we could do them in the time the rest of the groups were out on their shorter route.

From my horrible experience a few years ago associated but not involved with this ride I am very leery riding with people I don't know or at least having someone vouch for them that I trust. I am willing to walk away from a group that forms I'm not comfortable with, which leaves me riding alone for the day. I just don't want to take a chance seeing someone else get hurt riding over their head.

I know it can happen at any time to any one of us in any group but I am comfortable riding with the guys in Roamers group.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Roads are dry 10 miles north of Beverly to the south Rode a 125miles mostly slab past 6 highway patrol they were even hide it in back roads that I've never seen them on before have Carhart overhaul bibs packed on my bike if anybody's needs them & have leathers34 pants 44 coat and the shack post-11869-0-06188400-1442152200_thumb.j they're all little bit dirty but if anybody's Cold

Yeah, enjoyed it man. Very competent group of riders today.... very skilled. Makes for a fun and safe ride.

Hopefully the weather holds and we get at least one more in this season.

Edited by Blitz