My new piece of shit subaru

Gixxus Christ!

I have tracked this loosely on my wife's car.  Mine doesn't have a computer to do it for me.  Anyway, the wife's car is usually .3-.5 mpg optimistic.  That's a lot closer than I was expecting.

I think it's more likely that fuelly users are making errors in entering their data.  I know one woman on the corolla forums thought her car had a 14 gallon tank (way wrong. like, by 4 gallons...) and was dividing by 14 every time she filled up, rather than dividing by how much gas she actually added...  That's one glaring example of stupidity, but it would pull down the average by a bit.  Maybe not if it's only 1 person and 700,000 miles being tracked, but stupidity is a variable that can't be ignored.

Fuelly is pretty idiot-proof. 

You put in your odometer reading and how many gallons of gas it took.

Fuelly is pretty idiot-proof.

You put in your odometer reading and how many gallons of gas it took.

You would think so... I don't do the odometer reading. I track each tank individually so it's not thrown when my wife puts gas in the car and doesn't track it.

But yeah, it should be really simple. I have noticed the weather and/or winterized fuel affecting my fill-ups lately. I would get 400 miles from a tank pretty frequently a couple months ago. Now I'm getting 360-370. Same commute, same gas station for fill-ups.

Enough about mileage. On to important shit!

Ordered a set of wrx sail panels (door corners) that are designed to have tweeters mounted inside and a set of infinity reference series component speakers with crossovers. Once the Nissan sells I'll buy a double-din gps head unit and a ton of deadener and some new speakers for the rear doors and spend a day doing a full audio upgrade. The doors feel and sound especially tinny and hollow due to the lack of sound deadener because base model. Gonna fix that for good when I do the door speakers. Also going to put a sub in the trunk. Nothing crazy, just a single 600 watt kicker comp 12 on a power acoustic gothic series 600 watt amp. Not tying to entertain the neighborhood, just want a little thump.

That pretty hard to believe. My 1996 Outback got 25 in the city and 30 on the highway. Our 2005 Outback gets 24, towing a trailer, two motorcycles and all our gear at 65mph. It will get low-thirties without the trailer.

My 11 Impreza gets about the exact same kind of mileage.

• 3 weeks later...

Got some upgrades done. Replaced the stock dual mufflers with a pair of thrush turbo mufflers with some nice rolled-edge stainless tips. The result was exactly what I was going for: deep growly tone down low, not super loud up top and it doesn't sound like a rice cannon. Also put sound deadening in the front doors along with some infinity reference series component speakers. Swapped the factory flat sail panels with the wrx tweeter pods and modded them to accept the infinities. Ordered a kenwood excelon 6.2 inch touch screen head unit with built in GPS, bluetooth, backup cam etc and a set of co-ax infinity reference series door speakers for the rears with enough sound deadener left over to do those doors. For lows I have a single kicker comp 2 600 watt 12" sub in a sealed enclosure with a power acoustik gothic series 600 watt amp bridged at 2 ohms.

If the head unit's 22 watts rms doesn't drive the door speakers to my satisfaction I'll run an alpine 4 channel amp off the pre-outs and run bigger wire from the amp to the doors...

All in all it should be a decent system. Not audiophile quality but for the money it will perform well. Should have it together and running in about a week.