Looking for price help

Exarch

So, I'm thinking about this bike, on the fence about it. 09 gsxr 600, 2 owners, 18k miles(gearing ratio was changed), no pipe(owner says it was stolen...) also claims fairings are origional, but were painted flat black by the origional owner(i doubt it, but who knows, I can obviosuly see the bolts aren't original, but he said the previous owner lost the original bolts) claims you can see all see the origional color in spots on the bike, but paint isn't spray on? I don't buy that, lol. I told him I didn't care if they were origional or not, but that's what he claims. Also claims never laid down. It's a 5 hour drive, so don't want to waste my time if it's not even worth looking at before I test ride it to make sure it runs smooth.

Anyhow, I'm just interested in what it's worth, I wont mention the price in this post as it may effect some opions. Just looking to see if it's worth my time.post-15700-0-32278000-1444481430_thumb.jpost-15700-0-32278000-1444481430_thumb.j

It's missing the left mirror, which is legal in OH, but missing the turn signal that the mirror houses on that bike is NOT legal.

I would guess the guy is asking 7,xxx or more. I wouldn't pay more than $4500

Edited by redkow97

Left side of the head fairing is broken off, and the left bar end is missing as well. My opinion is that it was wrecked, and likely put back together out of pocket to keep the title clear. Behind those fairings may be some surprises, like bondo/fiberglass work - I wouldn't pay more than 4k.

That's what i told him homeslice. I didn't care if it had been down in the past as long as it was 100% mechanically sound.

I forgot to mention he says he knocked the mirror off splitting lanes, I can see that. I wasn't worried about the mirror at all, cheap and easy fix. Exhaust missing was my big thing about the bike and the painted fairings if it's never been down, especially with all the bolts not being origional, not just 1 or 2 bolts. I told him someone would be stupid to put a shitty paint job on a bike if oem was in perfect condition, because it would lower the value, especially if it was the "only 500" painted orange/black limited edition fairings... Would of posted more pics, but couldn't get them up for some reason.

I'm not even going to bother, he said a dealer offered $5k, I didn't really buy that. He offered it on my truck and wanted $$, i was like no way about $$added. He agreed to a straight trade, but I'm not gonna do it. Was on the fence about the bike or the cash offer, like redkow97 said I can get a much nicer, cheaper bike for alot less money. If bike was mint I know they go for quite a bit of money, that's why I wanted opinions.

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I probably wouldn't even consider it with the damages.  There are better bikes out there that don't have obvious glaring problems.

It *does* have a clear title at least, right? 

If he got offered $5k by a dealer then he should take it.  I'd not pay over $2k.   Not saying (it isn't worth / he won't eventually sell it for) much more - just saying that my experience with non-original vehicles is that they don't ever make the vehicle MORE reliable, so $2k is what *I* would pay.  If original, much more, sure.

Edited by Scruit