Suggested curve speed is the speed limit speed?

Gump

What sense does that make?

Fighting a ticket for 62 in a 35. Leaving a small town. There are State route signs, then a curve, 35 speed limit sign, then another curve with suggested yellow curve speed of 35, then the point Barney allegedly clocked me while he was siting outside city limits from a 1/2 mile away. Barney congratulated me on being his fastest ever clocked.

Based on your description the posted speed limit was still 35. You passed a 35 mph black and white sign and don't mention another one saying it was higher.  No, they yellow signs are not enforceable unless you have an accident on the curve then it can be used to show you were driving 'unsafe'.

Barney has the complaint date as the 7th (error) and the ticket date is the 3rd. We'll see what happens. Lawyers working to get it thrown out on a time frame technicality basis.

Based on your description the posted speed limit was still 35. You passed a 35 mph black and white sign and don't mention another one saying it was higher. No, they yellow signs are not enforceable unless you have an accident on the curve then it can be used to show you were driving 'unsafe'.

I understand yellows are not enforceable yet why is it there as if it's a 55mph zone.

Lawyer got me in front of the judge before court actually started to plead not guilty and set a court trial. At least I didn't have to wait with the other 30 people's.

Barney also Left the ticket blank in the proof of insurance section on the ticket. It was given to Barney at the time of the stop. Attorney took the insurance proof and handled it.

Edited by Gump

There are a few roads down near Xenia that do this. 35mph speed limit sign right at the edge of town and then nothing for miles... except for yellow suggested corner speed signs posted higher than the speed limit sign. I always figured in this case the speed limit went up to the unmarked road limit? Maybe not? Seems like there are multiple unmarked road limits depending on how laden the swallow is at any given point in time. 

"Fifty miles per hour on state routes within municipal corporations outside urban districts unless a lower prima-facie speed is established as further provided in this section;"

and

"sixty miles per hour on two-lane state routes outside municipal corporations as established by the director under division (H)(2) of this section."

In this case the suggested yellow speed is the same as the speed limit sign which is a curve before the yellow suggested sign I'd guess it's 55 after the 35 yellow suggested speed as there are no speed limit signs for a mile. I was clocked after the yellow suggested speed curve by Barney who was sitting just outside the city limits sign, yet I was in the township limits leaving town. a goofy speed trap is what it is.

In my town it's 35 coming into town, yet 55 going out of town on the same stretch of road.

I do the same on the bike with the suggested's. Except those big black and yellow curve signs with no suggested speed then it's a crap shoot.

My bothering with this ticket, besides its BS, is mainly that it's 2 points in a 35 but would be 0 points if in a 55. plea it down to a non-moving violation is the plan b if it doesn't get thrown out for various reasons.

Edited by Gump

i don't recall my insurance rates going up when I got tagged for 79(?) in a 60.  Now since I totaled the Nissan, yeah, my rates have gone up a tad...

I never mentioned the ticket to my insurance company though.  I'm not sure how they would have even known about it.

Even if you had been right about the limit being 55 you would still have been speeding. 

yeah, but up to 9 over is a 0 point violation in a 55 zone.  you can only be 4 over if for a 0 point violation if the speed limit is below 55.

i don't recall my insurance rates going up when I got tagged for 79(?) in a 60. Now since I totaled the Nissan, yeah, my rates have gone up a tad...

I never mentioned the ticket to my insurance company though. I'm not sure how they would have even known about it.

They sometimes randomly check for violations so they can jack your rates. Or if your getting quotes or changes. I think insurance companies pay more attention to the records of younger drivers. I dunno

Make him prove his radar certificate is up to date and the k band or lidar radar he used has had its up to date inspection, also u can't effectively clock someone on a curve. Were u clocked on the curve when he locked in his radar, I'm interested to find out.

double thumbin' it!

Make him prove his radar certificate is up to date and the k band or lidar radar he used has had its up to date inspection, also u can't effectively clock someone on a curve. Were u clocked on the curve when he locked in his radar, I'm interested to find out.

double thumbin' it!

Lawyers on that.

My fuzz buster went off just before about halfway thru the curve and seconds before there was a line of sight between him and I. There were tree branches and other curves between him and I. I'm at the top of the hill he's at the bottom. He had to be a at least a 1/4 mile away when there was line of sight and the fuzz buster went off. Maybe he clocked a large bird. I didnt think anything of it when when it went off. I wasn't speeding.

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

i don't recall my insurance rates going up when I got tagged for 79(?) in a 60.  Now since I totaled the Nissan, yeah, my rates have gone up a tad...

I never mentioned the ticket to my insurance company though.  I'm not sure how they would have even known about it.

I got 86 in a 70 in Virginia. It was a reckless operation in the Commonwealth. I got 0 points on my license in Ohio, but it got my insurance company to drop me. My new insurance is more expensive. The kick in the balls is that it would have been speeding in Ohio, and it would have barely been a blip on the insurance radar.