Operation "Old Man Bike" is in Effect

Tpoppa

I have been dealing with some nerve issues in my wrists and hands.  It's really limited my riding this season.  I haven't been able to ride the CBR this season.  Maybe no more sport bikes in my future.  So it's been sold to another forum member.

I have been considering all kinds of bikes that would put less pressure on my hands & wrists.  I've been looking at adventure bikes, nakeds, scooters, even cruisers in a moment of darkness.  I wound up with a 2000 BMW R1100R.  It has FI and ABS.  It needs some basic maintenance but its exceptionally clean. 

I've kind of always wanted a BMW boxer & always liked this model and especially this paint scheme.  

I haven't decided if I'll be keeping it long term or not, but it'll keep me on 2 wheels for now.

gallery_10768_1178_3269241.jpg

Welcome to the dark side  LOL  Hope it works for you

I have been dealing with some nerve issues in my wrists and hands.  It's really limited my riding this season.  I haven't been able to ride the CBR this season.  Maybe no more sport bikes in my future.  So it's been sold to another forum member.

I have been considering all kinds of bikes that would put less pressure on my hands & wrists.  I've been looking at adventure bikes, nakeds, scooters, even cruisers in a moment of darkness.  I wound up with a 2000 BMW R1100R.  It has FI and ABS.  It needs some basic maintenance but its exceptionally clean. 

I've kind of always wanted a BMW boxer & always liked this model and especially this paint scheme.  

I haven't decided if I'll be keeping it long term or not, but it'll keep me on 2 wheels for now.

gallery_10768_1178_3269241.jpg

• Upvote 1

I bet that bike is SMOOTH

It's plush.  The seat...I mean saddle is comfortable.  Fit and finish is very nice.  The hard cases are way nicer than the ones one my VFR.  

It handles good, but not great.  It'll take corners at  7/10ths pace.  It's about as fast as an SV650 but with more torque.  

Edited by Tpoppa

Nice move, Tony. 7/10 pace is better than none at all. Also, I have the tools to do those valves and the brake system. You're more than welcome to them. 

I was going to ask if you would want to wrench on something German.  Nothing is wrong with it.  It needs the 24k service.