Quaker Steak and Lube DEAD!!!

Tonik

I liked the decor, the food was mediocre, the bike nights were... interesting but not something I sought out - not my scene at all.

The restaurant business is pretty tough - you need to keep adapting to the market.

A completely different example is Red Robin over at Easton.  Their sales were dying on the vine and their customers told them it's because the restaurant was too loud and cluttered and not someplace you'd want to be at unless you had young kids.  They've since taken down most of the cluttered decorations, added noise dividers, changed their menu and upscaled the bar (away from the kids).  Maybe it'll help them - time will tell.  Easton has even more options for food now.

But I digress...

Squirrel!

• Upvote 1

I liked the decor, the food was mediocre, the bike nights were... interesting but not something I sought out - not my scene at all.

The restaurant business is pretty tough - you need to keep adapting to the market.

A completely different example is Red Robin over at Easton.  Their sales were dying on the vine and their customers told them it's because the restaurant was too loud and cluttered and not someplace you'd want to be at unless you had young kids.  They've since taken down most of the cluttered decorations, added noise dividers, changed their menu and upscaled the bar (away from the kids).  Maybe it'll help them - time will tell.  Easton has even more options for food now.

But I digress...

Squirrel!

I like red robin but when I can go next door and get twice the amount of burger at a higher quality for the same $12 they charge it's a no brainer

Guy that owns it doesn't have a Sunday beer license,

I admit that this area of law is not my expertise, but is there such a thing as a "Sunday beer license" anymore?   I was under the impression that Ohio repealed any and all "blue laws."  There are still plenty of chains who haven't bothered to updated their register restrictions, and thus can't ring beer/wine before noon on Sunday, but that is NOT a law any longer.

He may just be looking for a convenient excuse to take Sunday off.

I admit that this area of law is not my expertise, but is there such a thing as a "Sunday beer license" anymore?   I was under the impression that Ohio repealed any and all "blue laws."  There are still plenty of chains who haven't bothered to updated their register restrictions, and thus can't ring beer/wine before noon on Sunday, but that is NOT a law any longer.

He may just be looking for a convenient excuse to take Sunday off.

There are multiple provisions of a liquor license.  IIRC there is a specific provision for Sunday sales.   I think it's D6.

Red Robin milk shakes are so thick they make me want to kill people. God that pisses me off. If I wanted a cup of ice cream I would have ordered it.

Plus it never shows up until half way through the meal.

Dairy Queens are better.

There are multiple provisions of a liquor license.  IIRC there is a specific provision for Sunday sales.   I think it's D6.

Basic liquor license is a D5 which gives you beer sales 7 days a week and wine and liquor Monday-Saturday.  The D6 gives you wine and liquor sales on Sundays.  There is a lot of gray area with the Sunday laws.  My bar used to have to close at midnight on Sunday nights and I had a D6, my friends bar has a D5 and after midnight Sunday night he starts selling liquor because it is technically Monday, but he is also allowed to sell liquor after midnight Saturday night even though it is technically Sunday.  Also most of the apple ciders and ales (angry orchard, redds, strongbow) are considered wine so if you do not have a D6 license you can not sell it on Sundays.  Ohio liquor laws are garbage and very unclear in certain areas.  Another fun example is if you run alcohol specials you are only allowed to run them till 9pm or you must run them from open to close and you are only allowed to advertise them once you have run them for 30 days unadvertised.  Certain popular specials can be illegal, such as beer buckets, if you advertise 5 beers for the price of 4 that is illegal but if you advertise it as 5 beers for $10 that is legal.