Mid Ohio 2016

RHill

1 hour ago, RHill said:

Wish I had the knowledge to recognize and know some of the history behind the bikes that were out there.  Had to wiki Wes Cooley, very cool!

Got a ton of video from the Sunday races, lot of it is garbage, some of it still needs processed, but here are a couple for now.  Nothing special, just shot with the bare gopro with my shaky hands.  The little bit of commentary is included free of charge:

My best from Monday:

and a little Bacola action to finish it off for now:

Haha nice commentary. I tried but that kaw came out of the pits and got in between us. 

On 7/12/2016 at 10:46 AM, ludwb675 said:

Beautiful day at Mid-O yesterday; just a little bit warm. I only counted 20 in intermediate, so whoever said it was 2/3's full was full of it. I registered Friday at 11:30 and i ended up being #8 on the list. I'm not complaining though. I had open track almost the entire day. Too bad my lap timer battery crapped out the first session. Pretty sure i was hitting personal best in the afternoon. 

On a side note, i was told at gear tech (yes they check gear now) that they will no longer allow 2-piece suits next year in intermediate. That really makes me upset, my 2-piece is better than many of the 1-pieces out there. I really like taking the coat off between sessions. Now i have to spend my slipper clutch money a new suit this winter. Blah....

Brian @ludwb675,

what size do you wear?  Still have this nice A* for sale - great suit at a great price:

58 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Brian @ludwb675,

what size do you wear?  Still have this nice A* for sale - great suit at a great price:

I wear a 40/50 suit. That might be a little bit big on me. HAHA. RidersDiscount hooked me up as usual. New suit is on the way!

Edited by ludwb675

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:44 PM, Trackbikez said:

Nice lines! 

Bet if you carry just a tiny bit more entrance speed into the top of the keyhole(to push a little wider & delay the second apex), your top speed on the back straight picks up a few MPH and lap time drops.

Looking forward to a twilight this weekend!

• Upvote 1

Two this weekend!

Mid-O just recently changed it so there is separate track time for the A and I groups.  20 minutes on 20 minutes off(I think, haven't done one yet this year).  I really like the idea of sessions for the twilight; still a lot of track time and separating the groups should increase the quality for both.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RHill said:

Two this weekend!

Mid-O just recently changed it so there is separate track time for the A and I groups.  20 minutes on 20 minutes off(I think, haven't done one yet this year).  I really like the idea of sessions for the twilight; still a lot of track time and separating the groups should increase the quality for both.

The website still states on the track at the same time. If it starts at 5 and runs 20 min sessions, that's 3 sessions per 2 hours. Probably get in 5 sessions. Not a bad for the price. Do they accept walk-ins for twilight? I'll think about Saturday night. 

2 hours ago, RHill said:

Two this weekend!

I hope that's the case, I would probably do more twilights if so. I can keep up an intermediate pace without too much of a problem but always feel bad for holding up the advanced riders. 

56 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

The website still states on the track at the same time. If it starts at 5 and runs 20 min sessions, that's 3 sessions per 2 hours. Probably get in 5 sessions. Not a bad for the price. Do they accept walk-ins for twilight? I'll think about Saturday night. 

Yep, as long as they are not full up.....which could be a concern being the weekend.

25 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

I hope that's the case, I would probably do more twilights if so. I can keep up an intermediate pace without too much of a problem but always feel bad for holding up the advanced riders. 

I've heard it from multiple instructors and I think it is a great decision.  1 on 1, there is no reason a rider shouldn't be able to make a safe pass no matter the speed/pace difference.....it is when you start getting groups of riders that the pace difference can get dangerous.

Twilights sessions are not combine anymore.20 minutes Intermediate, 20 minutes advance.we usually have 5 sessions.so far it's not been very full 25 total riders.

Some how the word don't spread out about the groups split.people like it,it's open door for more riders.

No food,so bring some snacks.

currently 3 (YES THREE) signed up for advance group tomorrow and about a dozen for intermediate......sounds like a great twilight with as much open track as you can handle

44 minutes ago, RHill said:

currently 3 (YES THREE) signed up for advance group tomorrow and about a dozen for intermediate......sounds like a great twilight with as much open track as you can handle

Did you sign up, or you gonna do a walk up?

32 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Boon: I gotta work on my game.

Otter: No, no, no, don't think of it as work. The whole point is just to enjoy yourself.

haha I guess there are different ways of looking at it. 

But I really need to pick up my pace there.