Dealership service trouble

Cdubyah

GM man all the way. 170k on a 07 impala and 150k on my 05 Tahoe. Absolutely nothing wrong mechanically with either one of them nothing physically wrong with them either.

I have had virtually no money into that that Impala, couple nickel-and-dime things. The Tahoe had some engine problems but the GM Garage knocked it out of the park and took care of me when they didn't have to.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, what said:

Any parts replaced will go on the report, more than likely. 

I think I'll stay away from GM/Chrysler for my somewhat imminent new vehicle. 

Woah, woah, woah!  Why drag GM into this?  What did they ever do?  Now that they're standing on their own, and being SUPER proactive on recalling potential issues, they're pretty good!  

6 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

Heard nothing but issues with these.  I will never own one.  I have seen a lot of dodge trucks with rusted out tailgates, bumpers, fenders, rockers and less than 5 years old.  That is just crap in my opinion.  I have a 10 year old Nissan Pathfinder with 163,000 mi and I have one small spot on the inside of a door showing some rust, other than that, clean!

That's a f'in MIRACLE!  Nissans are BAD about rusting out!

Not sure what Nissans you're talking about. I had a 96 and 04 Altima both were over 10 years oldwhen I got rid of them, 04 had 230k and only rust on either was over passenger rear wheel. Have an 07 maxima now w/ no rust.

54 minutes ago, durk said:

Not sure what Nissans you're talking about. I had a 96 and 04 Altima both were over 10 years oldwhen I got rid of them, 04 had 230k and only rust on either was over passenger rear wheel. Have an 07 maxima now w/ no rust.

I work at a dealership that also has Infiniti (Nissan's luxury brand) and I see rust on them more often than I do the other brands of the similar age.  I guess they're not AS BAD about rusting out as they used to be, but it is another reason I wouldn't want one.

So they offered me two months of payments as reimbursement for having my vehicle in the shop for almost 3 months Chrysler rep is giving me until Wednesday the 24th to put more miles on the new transmission. Right now I'm at 100 miles without any issue. Gonna run the puss out of it this weekend for a proper shakedown

Overall a shitty experience, but I'm happy with the outcome thus far.