Need Motorcycle Hauled South (Tennessee; Georgia; Florida)

Doctor Robert

Hello, I am looking for someone hauling a motorcycle south that would have room for my bike. Needless to say, I will pay my share of gas. I can leave on relatively short notice. I would like to be gone between one and two weeks. I will need my motorcycle hauled back home as well. My ultimate goal is the Florida Keys but I can be dropped off anywhere warm between here and there. I'm 52 years-old and I ride a Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic. I'm in Dayton, Ohio. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Doctor Robert

Thanks for the link. I think what I most need are heated gloves. My hands are the only thing that gets cold during the cold winter months. I just dress in a lot of layers. I hope the kind of weather we had in December returns soon. I was riding on a regular basis up to Christmas.

Edited by Doctor Robert

Thanks for the link. I think what I most need are heated gloves. My hands are the only thing that gets cold during the cold winter months. I just dress in a lot of layers. I hope the kind of weather we had in December returns soon. I was riding on a regular basis up to Christmas.

Heated gloves are the bomb.  If you get just gloves you have to run a wire down each sleeve of your jacket.  It becomes a real PITA.  I suggest a heated jacket liner and gloves, then the gloves just plug into the liner.  And get a dual control setup so you can crank the gloves and put the jacket lower.

I just spent about 400 bucks of your money.  But for me it was worth every penny.

• Upvote 2

I'm sold. :-). Like most of you, there is nothing I love more than riding my motorcycle. I average 20,000 miles a year and if using heated gear can increase that number I am all for it!

http://www.pca-one.com/search.asp?MfgCode=GER

This guy is in Mentor. Gerbings may be cheaper than rebranded Harley suff. It looks like he discounts over MSRP. It's what I have. No complaints and it's worth every penny.

Why not just buy a couple thousand dollar enclosed trailer and tow it down yourself...ride and then drive back?

Right?!   A doctor with a brand new Harley doesn't have funds for Uship or his own trailer  :dunno:

• Upvote 1

I am not a doctor, although I play one on the Internet.  ;-). Seriously, I'm just a huge Beatles fan named Rob and the name is in homage to their song, "Doctor Robert." 

Soooo...  my funds aren't unlimited--hence, my hope that someone out there who is headed south has room for another bike. (I am shopping for a car capable of towing, but won't be able to buy one before this season is over. And truth be told, I do own a car that could tow, but it's a 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark III, and it gets about nine miles to the gallon!  Not an option.)

On 1/29/2016 at 9:21 AM, Doctor Robert said:

I am not a doctor, although I play one on the Internet.  ;-). Seriously, I'm just a huge Beatles fan named Rob and the name is in homage to their song, "Doctor Robert." 

Soooo...  my funds aren't unlimited--hence, my hope that someone out there who is headed south has room for another bike. (I am shopping for a car capable of towing, but won't be able to buy one before this season is over. And truth be told, I do own a car that could tow, but it's a 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark III, and it gets about nine miles to the gallon!  Not an option.)

Ah, and now we know.   Good luck man, in all seriousness