Car Title Transfer

JackImpact

If you are the seller, the only thing you NEED to do is sign and print address on the seller line in front of a notary.  That will create an open title and technically anyone in possession of that title can write their name in and become owner.

After getting notarized, you can fill in your brothers name before sending title.

I always take my titles to my notary. He will do the notary for me, without seller being present.

Seller never has to be present but some don't like to just stamping it without it being totally filled out. I have coworker that does mine and he could care less.

The title only needs to be notarized for mileage and selling price, and really has nothing to do with the buyer.

a notary can not get in trouble for notarizing with out buyer present.  If they think so, they do not know the law.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, whaler said:

The title only needs to be notarized for mileage and selling price, and really has nothing to do with the buyer.

a notary can not get in trouble for notarizing with out buyer present.  If they think so, they do not know the law.

You Sir are correct!  Most will notarize without buyer present in my experience tho.

• Upvote 1