Insurance Recommendations?

JackImpact

insurance is a total rip off... so no surprise there

the best advice is to shop around. call at least 4-5 places. make sure you understand the coverage they're giving for the prices they're quoting.

no one can say "my insurance place is the cheapest" because it depends on you. insurance cost is not only catered to the individual for such things as: driving record, previous claims, vehicle insured, age, color, sex, race, smoker, how often you masturbate. its also calculated by how many other similar individuals they already have. if they have a lot of <you's> , then the price will be higher at that particular company.

• Upvote 1

Yup if your young, single, have bad credit and have any kind of driving record your fucked.

Mine is cheap and through progressive and I'm currently happy with them, but non of the above apply to me. I had Geico for a while and was happy with them even had a painless comp claim that was easy. But switched to Rider Insurance for a better rate and like most people Rider jacked the rate up th e second year for no reason. I dropped them like a bad habit and picked up Progressive because I had my auto with them too.

By my math you are 26, so the hit from age probably isn't that bad.  You are getting hit for the type of bike you have, get a quote on a cruiser for laughs. It will be way less.  Shop around a bunch.  You will find someone that cuts off the age thing at 25 and that will help.

As for getting it on your parents, be careful you meet the requirements of the insurance company.  It would suck if they deny you after the fact because it wasn't legit per their rules.

Just switched to AllState and got my deductibles down from 1000 to 500 and ended up saving money. This is the first time Geico has ever screwed me so hard. They said my FZ07 is a super performance bike or some nonsense. I'd like to know where the other 300cc and turbo went that my bike supposedly has. 

Wife and I insure all of our bikes and vehicles through Pekin.  Decently low deductables with big limits.  Had a costly comprehensive claim on my truck last year and they paid it without a hitch.  Of course our MVRs, age, marriage, child, multi-policy discounts, and lack of claims have all played a part in our premiums too.

My old insurace agent is a friend of mine. I called her back up because i was paying 98$ last year for 6 months then a reduced rate the rest of the year. I dropped them to bundle all my automotive police's with another company( grange) and saved a bunch of money plus a extra car to the policy. So thinking i could get a better rate for my bike i was dead wrong. Last year with all state i paid 838 yearly now its 1328. Said ohio did a rate change in February and thats why my yearly rate went up. 

5 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

Any suggestions? Ive called allsate, nationwide, progressive, grange, 

We currently use Erie Insurance, they are doing a good job and beat everyone.  But it's random, different insurance companies score different things differently.

Jeez. I have a 79 CB750L, 8 points on my license, 22 y/o, only policy I carry through Geico and I pay $99. I wasn't forthright about my points, so unless they dug them up on their own I doubt they are aware. I also only have liability. 25k per person 50k per occurrence and 25k property damage. I was a cheapskate after I got the bike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Our's is Progresive, Married, kids, no record, good credit, muti vehicle, car bundle, home owners and we have 2 bikes 08 C14, 07 Vstar 1100 with full coverage on both and a ATV 07 Recon with Comp and 2 riders, and we pay $307 a year.