Fuel Controllers

JackImpact

Any recommendation on fuel controllers? I've seen the Bazazz, EJK and Power Commander 5. Not sure which would really be best for me. No super tuning needed, just stock for now until I put an akropovic exhaust on there. No special tuning needed for the track either. 

You shouldn't need to tune for just a slip on. Me personally don't think any one needs a tuner or programmer for the street. Most of the bikes out there (especially newer ones) will out perform the riding skills of most riders. Waste of time, money and why fix something that isnt broke? Just my opinion and everyone has their own. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Suspension before motor

More bang for your buck and it will transform your bikes handling.  If you can swing it; fork springs, fluid, and rear shock will be a major improvement over OEM setup.  You do not have to buy a spendy aftermarket shock, most of the time there is a direct swap from a better suspended bike available.  If you want more you can always upgrade the stock fork cartridges (Traxxion or Race Tech) or completely replace with aftermarket.

Anymore I recommend getting an ECU re-flash because they can remove all of the shitty EPA crap (fuel cut), low gear power restrictions, speed limiters, and secondary fly restrictions.  This will have more impact on drivability and perceived power than any piggyback can give you.

A power commander will only help with adding/subtracting fuel if you add a full exhaust.  Don't get me wrong it will help, but the flash is way more bang for the buck.

I third the ecu who ha. I say 99% of the street bikes running around would benefit from just a slip on and thats only because i think they sound like the jetson mobile in stock form. 

I wouldn't do ecu or suspension until you have ridden it for at least half a season. You are a noob, you don't know what you want yet.  It could dramatically change in a few months.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't do ecu or suspension until you have ridden it for at least half a season. You are a noob, you don't know what you want yet.  It could dramatically change in a few months.

This! Listen to this wise man. I'd wait even longer than that. You might decided you want a different bike all together.

I raced a stock bike except suspension. I finished very well. The suspension will give you tons of coincidence. I know the people in the pits were laughing because it was so quiet. Exhaust and a tuner will not really gain you anything other than noise on the street.

I've put an exhaust on pretty much every bike I've owned that didn't already have one with the exception of my shadow. It had loud pipes and I swapped them off for stock mufflers because they were just too loud. I totally get wanting to ditch the stock mufflers, new bikes sound like shit with em, just way too quiet. A full system isn't gonna sound any better than a slip on tho, just cost more and breathe a little better. 

• Upvote 1

If really want to get a full exhaust and you are looking to save a bit of money you could look at Delkevic. I installed one on my bike and have been happy with it. Got it for $375 shipped. Cheaper than some slip ons. I also recently saw some nice shorties on this website http://anunaki-parts.com/en/99-full-system

Ends up costing about $450 with shipping. Haven't seen any reviews of these, but they sound mean as all get out.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

+1 for delkevic. I put their full system on my old xj600. Quality was very good, nice looking stainless pipes. Sounded great and had removable baffles. Even with them out it wasn't crazy loud, just a nice deep tone. Only thing with delkevic is they don't make a system for a lot of bikes. 

• Upvote 1

+1 for Delkevic.  I have had two of them, stainless slip on for my first FZ1 and now I have a carbon fiber slip on for the skunk FZ1.  Great sound and not too loud.  Haven't had any issues with them.  For the price, you can't go wrong!

20 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Seems silly to install a full Akro system and a tuner to a bike with a budget-minded build. Just ride what you have and save your money. 

I think this is the first time I have seen the words "Akro system" and "budget minded" in the same sentence. However, in this case, they are used properly.