Brake Scraping Noise

hiro

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

Go for a 5-10 minute ride with no stopping (til the end) see if the rotor feels hot.

Key word in that sentence is hot.  He said HOT, he didn't say warm, he didn't say very warm.  He said hot.

• Upvote 1

On 07/04/2016 at 3:36 PM, motocat12 said:

you could undo the upper lower triple clamp bolts and see if the fork tubes are twisted 

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tips-tech/tech-tip-front-fork-alignment

I was also just reading about loosening the brake caliper in addition to the lower triple bolts, fender, and axle. I'm not sure if my caliper has "located dowels" or not. Variation #2 sounds like the cruiser article. I get the general idea tho; leave everything loose enough to settle into natural alignment. http://feelthetrack.com/free-vidoes/front-fork-and-wheel-alignment/

If its a on and off noise than it could just be a bent or warped rotor.  Another vote for someone to check your bike before the riding season gets going.  It would bother the hell out of me if it was my bike and not knowing the cause.  You need to have the trust factor that your bike is going to get you home safe.  You are constantly going to be thinking about it when riding, creating a distraction which isn't safe either.

• 4 months later...

Talk about procrastination. haha I think my scraping sound might be due to an over-filled master cylinder. I've never seen a bubble in the window. I'm planning to bleed some fluid out to get the level a little lower, at least to show the edge of a bubble.

• 5 weeks later...