Hello from Kettering (Dayton area)

RIDE ETERNAL

I cut my teeth on Honda XR 200(225?) when I was a teenager. I got a DRZ400 about six months ago. I love it. I just installed a FCR and HotCams; it woke her up.

I'm a Vet. I'm married. Have children. Just looking to find good people to ride with. Bonus points if you have an Enduro/SuperMoto!

• Upvote 1

Welcome.

If your DRZ is an SM model or has a supermoto setup, check out OMRL. First race is coming up 4/24 @ crp. It's a fun time with a great org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Welcome.  Thanks for your service.  I take my SMC to G&J Kartway in Camden now and then.  Once you get some sticky 17's under your Zuki, hit me up and we'll get some track time in!

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

Welcome.  Thanks for your service.  I take my SMC to G&J Kartway in Camden now and then.  Once you get some sticky 17's under your Zuki, hit me up and we'll get some track time in!

Thank you. Will do.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Supermoto's for a long time. The thought of legitimate racing sold me though.

It'll be a while until I get some 17's. Just spent a pretty penny last month on carb, cams, & MRD. My wife would stab me in the face if I bought wheels right now lol.

If you ever wanna' swap bikes for a ride, I'd be grateful to see what I'm missing out on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RIDE ETERNAL said:

If you ever wanna' swap bikes for a ride, I'd be grateful to see what I'm missing out on.

If we swapped bikes, you'd probably fall in love with the orange beast and I'd never catch you to get my bike back.

I'd let you take some laps at the Kartway on it sometime though since it's fenced in :D

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

If we swapped bikes, you'd probably fall in love with the orange beast and I'd never catch you to get my bike back.

I'd let you take some laps at the Kartway on it sometime though since it's fenced in :D

Good Lord. Once you said "Orange" I realized it was a KTM. I feel like I just offered up a rice burner Honda Civic to a guy with a Ferrari :(

Yeah I have 19" & 21" setup. I'm not sure what route I'll ultimately go. I don't know if I want to go over board putting money (wheels, calipers, forks, sprockets, etc) into my bike to be versatile, when maybe I can convince my wife I need a Husky 701? :)

I didn't really think there would be dualsport tires worthy of the track. Pirelli comes to mind.

Edited by RIDE ETERNAL

On 4/1/2016 at 2:51 AM, RIDE ETERNAL said:

Yeah I have 19" & 21" setup. I'm not sure what route I'll ultimately go. I don't know if I want to go over board putting money (wheels, calipers, forks, sprockets, etc) into my bike to be versatile, when maybe I can convince my wife I need a Husky 701? :)

I didn't really think there would be dualsport tires worthy of the track. Pirelli comes to mind.

If you surf the DRZ or Supermotojunkie forums, you might find a good used setup on the cheap, or even a complete SM so you can keep the dualsport setup on your current bike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...