Wayne Wedensday, Big Bike Trail Ride

B-Mac

Official: Big Bike Trail Ride, Monday Creek WNF (tires and ability required) Wed. 20th April. Weather permitting. 10am Start at Begleys Campground (Day Permit required, Begley's has them)
www.begleyscampground.com 214 E Main Street, New Straitsville, OH 43766. Cars and trailers can park at my place for safety and security if needed. (PM for address.)

3 hours ago, bowdog said:

Trails are perfect right now...Only issue over the weekend was dust. I would recommend a good pair of goggles if you are not the lead rider.

Goggles are recommended even if you are the lead rider. You do pass people out on the trails and run up on people that are creating enormous dust clouds. 

Thanks for the info Mud Monsters. I figured it would dry out fast with the lack of canopy cover this time if year. The wife and I road down to Pomeroy, Ohio for lunch at a cool place: (Court Street Cafe/Blues Bar). Everything is greening up fast. Hope to have photo's and Video of the Pig's on the Wayne trail this week. B.

5 hours ago, bowdog said:

Cool video, I likes how you showed both the front and rear view...Looks like you guys had some fun!

We had a great time. A little dusty for the rear rider but only saw two dirt bikes and one ATV all day. Broke one foot peg, Replaced on the trail- 5min. A few low speed tip overs but the trails were the smoothest they will be all season. Did a drive by on the OR trailers looked all secure at the campground.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, B-Mac said:

We had a great time. A little dusty for the rear rider but only saw two dirt bikes and one ATV all day. Broke one foot peg, Replaced on the trail- 5min. A few low speed tip overs but the trails were the smoothest they will be all season. Did a drive by on the OR trailers looked all secure at the campground.

Stop in and have a cold one with us sometime, mine is the one at the very top of the hill and MaxPower is right below me in the Tilton Hilton. May be there this weekend depending on what work i can get done on my flip house during this week.

7 hours ago, bowdog said:

Stop in and have a cold one with us sometime, mine is the one at the very top of the hill and MaxPower is right below me in the Tilton Hilton. May be there this weekend depending on what work i can get done on my flip house during this week.

I might just do that, thanks for the offer. Looks like the Romney, W.V. ADV Camp and Ride is going to be a wet and soggy so I think I will (CXL) and just stay local and do a Saturday ADV loop route around the Hocking Hills area. The gravel roads will be dust free and great for power sliding.

This Friday, May 6th. Looks good for a ADV Type gravel/chip seal and curvy up and down back road ride. The rain will be gone and dust should be minimal. I have a few routes that might be fun.

Would the Gas station just north of Breman, Ohio at 664 and 37 be a good spot. Or Sunoco Gas station on Clear Creek road (116) and SR33 just north of Rockbridge, OH.

I am free for this day. What tires are you running on your Versys? I think that Dunlop Sportmax and 17inch rims were stock on that model and they might be a little unstable on some gravel roads but that is your ride.:)

Note: The Wayne Trail will be slippery as ice in spots so that's a no-go for me.

I just got some Shinko 705's but thats the problem.  The rims were  put back on the bike backwards causing a lot of damage that is being repaired as we speak.  If its done I'm definitely a go, they are waiting on some parts that are on back order.  

• Upvote 1