Rider hits dog

HeavyDuty

I never hit my brakes for small animals I down shift and power thru it can get very messy but 99 % of the time you will not go down. To much front brake bike dives down and over you go. 

Edited by HeavyDuty

The rider did everything wrong.  With an animal this size you accelerate through it as Heavy Duty stated.

Both riders panicked, target fixated, and grabbed to much front brake.  Rider 2 was following rider 1 rather than riding staggered.  So much wrong in this video!

Rider two clearly locked the front and was down before he got to the first rider. He just needed to swerve right.

Rider one is debatable but it looks like he was on the fronts...so the back was light and flew up on impact. Accelerate...burp it hard just before impact and get the front light so you can go over. Then chop it to get the back light.

They teach that in the BRC with 2x4's.

That said, rider one was pretty fucked, he didnt have much of a chance. But he threw that slim shot away.

Scary video!  You have literally a split second to react in this situation.  Hard to believe he wouldn't have just ran that dog right over.  I ran over a large ground hog going about 50 and didn't have any issues.  Just drove right over him, didn't really have any other option.