Hillary Just a Thought.

HeavyDuty

On 11/24/2016 at 4:29 PM, snot said:

Update from the kitchen:

I mailed my vote so I didn't have to leave The kitchen. I am happy I get to stay in the kitchen in the future, I feared I was going to be forced out of my kitchen told I couldn't make sammiches anymore. 

That was close!!!

Sammich.jpg

If Trump actually succeeds at putting a 35% corporate tax rate on companies that ship jobs out of our borders just to sell their products & services back in to the US, I will vote for him for re-election.  I don't care what else he does.

That would be the single best thing any president has done during my lifetime to improve the lives of American families.

• Upvote 1

Seems like kind of a half solution.  Unless you charge 35% on ALL similar goods from outside, that ultimately disadvantages US producers.  The world would not tolerate us attempting to charge such a tariff.  Free trade works as long as the playing field is level.  One currency (or at least freely floating multiple currencies), one set of environmental and labor laws - then let the most efficient producer dominate.  I think we win in that scenario.

Edited by DAC

The point of the 35% corporate tax rate isn't to collect the taxes.  The goal is to discourage corporations from sending jobs to other countries & bringing back jobs that have already left.

Environmental laws do put us firms at a disadvantage, since countries like China do not follow them.  

I think you will see tarifs on goods from countries with low wages and lax regulations.   It will be a fight in Washington for sure.

If it succeeds, our prices will go up and so will our wages.

• Upvote 2

Republican Donald Trump’s victory in Wisconsin has been reaffirmed following a presidential recount that showed him defeating Democrat Hillary Clinton by more than 22,000 votes.

Trump picked up a net 162 votes as a result of the recount that the Wisconsin Elections Commission certified Monday.

9 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Republican Donald Trump’s victory in Wisconsin has been reaffirmed following a presidential recount that showed him defeating Democrat Hillary Clinton by more than 22,000 votes.

Trump picked up a net 162 votes as a result of the recount that the Wisconsin Elections Commission certified Monday.

Looking at the math... carry the one, divide by Avagadro's number, times the derivative of pi... that still leaves Trump a good 2.8M votes behind Hillary in the popular vote.

But, c'est la vie -- Electoral College and stuff, right?

Just now, Disclaimer said:

Looking at the math... carry the one, divide by Avagadro's number, times the derivative of pi... that still leaves Trump a good 2.8M votes behind Hillary in the popular vote.

If you don't understand the electoral college, then your Civics class failed you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Disclaimer said:

We'll yeah because that's how they campaign and why republicans in area's like DC don;t bother to vote. She got 2.8 million more votes for $225 million more spending to lose in the end. That's the democrat way.

8 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

Oh, I understand it.  I can understand something and not like the outcome it delivers, despite the pros and cons associated with it.

If the popular vote would have been the deciding factor, both candidates would have ran their campaigns differently, locations for rallies would have been chosen differently, etc.  Who knows how the votes would have fallen.  

Personally, I like the EC.  It maintains the political relevancy of states with lower populations.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:28 AM, smccrory said:

Quoted from another OR inmate, "President Obama is about to retaliate for foreign actions suspected to be state sponsored.  Suspected.  Let that sink in for a minute."

Obama retaliate? What’s he going to do? Have Hillary give Putin a lap dance!

• Upvote 1