Media coverage event in the morning

GixxerTravis

Of the multiple radio and tv appearances I've done, the worst thing I deal with is the fact that I sound nothing like I do when I hear myself talk. But, a good friend who does a daily radio show told me no one likes the sound of their own voice and that made me get over the phobia of it pretty quick.

Meh, if I come to hear your story I don't want to hear what's in your speech.  I want to hear what's in your heart.  You have a compelling story to tell... Just speak, people will listen.

• Upvote 2

The best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice your opening.  Once you are confident in your opening, you'll settle in and it'll be just like talking to your friends.   Then just tell your story... people will listen!  Good luck!

9 hours ago, GixxerTravis said:

I am going to use it to make my voice heard by as many people as I can. If I can save one person's life, then it will be all worth it...

Also it aired for less than a minute and they brushed it off like it was nothing

Typical media.