GROMMMMMM!

AndonD454

Bought a Grom this weekend, and I am really happy with my decision.

Riding it takes me back to my childhood riding mini bikes and small dirt bikes which is what turned me on to motorcycles in the first place. There is 0 intimidation factor, and its a blast to ride around town. Everyone who got to see the bike this weekend (friends/family) loved it, and when my friends dad (lifelong Harley guy) rode it, he got giddy with excitement and said "I gotta get me one of these!!" My wife even likes it. Moral of the story: If you are considering getting a Grom, just pull the trigger. Honda East in Maumee gave me a really good deal on this one - 2015 Grom in black with 0 miles (up to 30ish today). Now I just need to resist spending thousands on the vast aftermarket that exists for these. 

a6a16b09-6cf1-45a8-96c4-ecd267dd3a75_zps

• Upvote 3

Congrats, I bought mine last year figuring I would ride it on occasion,but I ride it all the time even on a few short day trips!! A guy from California has ridden to deals gap this past weekend and is on his way back now!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 6/14/2016 at 10:22 PM, kbowling said:

Congrats, I bought mine last year figuring I would ride it on occasion,but I ride it all the time even on a few short day trips!! A guy from California has ridden to deals gap this past weekend and is on his way back now!!

Cali to the Deals Gap.... on a grom. Yea screw that. lol

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

No, sadly. They have really separated every brand into their own little areas, which I like. I sat on a new Triumph Thruxton R. I'd love it for a commuter, after work ride bike.

The last time I was in there they emptied out the showroom for the most part.  I like that place and have spent some $$$ there but I can never seem to make a deal on a bike.

Edited by Wojo72

The last time I was in there they emptied out the showroom for the most part.  I like that place and have spent some $$$ there but I can never seem to make a deal on a bike.

Because they don't want to "deal". They want ungodly prices for things and won't come off the asking. I've tried to deal on a couple bikes and a couple 4 wheelers and they just shut you down. Last time I offered them a really fair offer on a busted up 4 wheeler that I know sat there for 6 months previous to my offer. It had zip ties holding the plastics together and you can tell the bars were tweeked like it had been rolled. The guy said "no we are firm on that", and told me that someone over paid for it when the took it in on trade. Sounds like thier problem not the buyers. Well long story short they finally called me back 2 moths later and wanted to know of I was still interested and would hear a offer from me. At that time I had already made a another purchase somwhere else. They need to learn when to let go and how to price stuff (used stuff anyway) accordingly.

10 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Was there a few weeks back. They've got a bunch of Italian stuff on the sales floor, and a bunch of off-kilter Hondas (a Stateline, a Goldwing and a Valkyrie I think) and not much else.

16 hours ago, kbowling said:

I bought mine figuring I would ride it to and from work ocasionaly,but as it turns out its the most fun bike I own!!!

Small bikes are always more fun.  There's just less to be so serious about.  The problem is that they're less practical.  I could never ride a Grom to work. then again, virtually any bike is impractical in a suit.

10 hours ago, redkow97 said:

Small bikes are always more fun.  There's just less to be so serious about.  The problem is that they're less practical.  I could never ride a Grom to work. then again, virtually any bike is impractical in a suit.

Nope. Grom in a suit is ok.