Will I Kill it?

Bad324

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

"Who cares", figure i up the price to fix a foundation and you will be saying the same. Just have to do what you have to do and hope for the best.

Apparently he does or he would not have asked.

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

"Who cares", figure i up the price to fix a foundation and you will be saying the same. Just have to do what you have to do and hope for the best.

Likely we won't be in this house long enough to actually get there and cause damage. It mainly pisses me off because it's one of a out 20 roots in my backyard that are growing out of the ground and makes it a pain to mow

My other concern is that if it dies and becomes a fall risk. It's a big ass oak and unless it falls perfectly one way it will either end up in my family room, the neighbors house or my driveway. 

Likely though I would say screw it and see what happens. Figured I'd see what all you country folk had to say before I went that route 

Tree damage to foundations is very rare. They don't have super human strength to punch through concrete. They will suck the water out and if the soil around the foundation was very poorly packed the soil might shift and then the foundation might shift.

Wrap a rope around a tree tight and come back in a few years. Rope will still be there. Trees cant even break a rope let alone concrete.

As far as will you kill it. We dont know, too many variables. Ask a tree person.

Besides, you will be selling it in a few weeks.