unOfficial OR Pokemon Go Team

Tonik

This is going to be epic. An OR Pokeman Go Team. We can plan rides to get our Pokeman, then road trips all over the country to take over out of state gyms! Leathers with Pokeman patches, rockers to lay claim to our territory!!

Just let me know if you are in.

PS If you are in I'm banning you.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, snot said:

@Tonik

I am beginning to think you have an addiction to banning. You mention banning frequently.

If it continues we will need to have an intervention.

Maybe we should ban him? We could do it for charity. Like, if we can raise $1000 for John's Pumpkin Pedler autism ride I will ban Tonik for a week. Thoughts?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

Maybe we should ban him? We could do it for charity. Like, if we can raise $1000 for John's Pumpkin Pedler autism ride I will ban Tonik for a week. Thoughts?

I'm in for fifty. But if you dont get to 1k you make me an admin for a week...and I ban you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

I'm in for fifty. But if you dont get to 1k you make me an admin for a week...and I ban you.

Or @CbrGirl could ban him

5 hours ago, Casper said:

This is not a bad idea, can you add it to the store?

6 hours ago, Casper said:

I love the way you often turn fun things into supporting a charity of some sort!  Proof that bikers are good guys!

25 minutes ago, ReconRat said:

My old phone and tablets won't even load it. Also noticed a certain political party setting up Pokemon traps at freeway rest stops in Ohio. Voter registration...

Fuck us Fuck democrats fuck hillary

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/16/campaign-workers-find-key-to-voter-registration-pokemon/

Talk about low info voters...

This makes a certain amount of sense now http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/one-democrat-already-wants-to-regulate-pokemon-go/article/2596394

Edited by motocat12

Bash all you want, but I am really enjoying the game.  I've been playing it for a couple of days, and it gets more interesting as you go.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I've just been turning the game on while I walk or bike to the park with my daughter.  I also drive a block out of my way on the way to and from work to stop at the Pokestop near my house.  At lunch, my secretary and I walk through the square on our way to Subway.  There are 3 Pokestops and 2 gyms withing a couple hundred yards.

Am I taking it "seriously?"   No.  Is it fun and entertaining for the moment?  Absolutely. 

I haven't quite settled on a strategy.  Don't think i'm far enough along to need one. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, what said:

fyi augmented reality is going to explode over the next 5-10 years so if you have a problem with pokemon:go (proof of concept), you're gonna have a bad time down the road.

Not at all.  I never played Pokemon on Nintendo, but I still have a blast with lots of other games.

I have no problems with video games in moderation. But a lot of these people let them control thier lives or thier lives revolve around them. I've seen families break up, financial problems, loss off employment, even substance abuse. All due to videos games. For some people playing video games all day takes away thier abilities to cope with reality and to be able to prioritize thier lives. I personally see videos games as a plague to our society. Can they be played responsibly? Yes . But I the see the other scenario all too often.

Edited by 2talltim

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I have no problems with video games in moderation. But a lot of these people let them control thier lives or thier lives revolve around them. I've seen families break up, financial problems, loss off employment, even substance abuse. All due to videos games. For some people playing video games all day takes away thier abilities to cope with reality and to be able to prioritize thier lives. I personally see videos games as a plague to our society. Can they be played responsibly? Yes . But I the see the other scenario all too often.

If you have seen these scenarios so be it, I'll take your word for it.  I have never seen it but have seen it go the other way, people have other issues such as financial trouble, they lost a job, their significant other left them or they have a drug problem and go to the games to get their mind off of it.  When I am stressed out and just want to turn my mind off for awhile I go play some madden or GTA.  I dont blame video games for people lacking the ability to cope with life or prioritize their life, I blame the people.  If it wasn't games it would be something else and quite possibly be much worse.  I don't see video games any different than tv, radio, podcasts, netflix, or hell, motorcycle riding.  Everyone has a hobby, some people turn that hobby into a lifestyle which I blame the people for, not the hobby.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, what said:

fyi augmented reality is going to explode over the next 5-10 years so if you have a problem with pokemon:go (proof of concept), you're gonna have a bad time down the road.

You're a little late. The proof of concept was a game called ingress a few years ago. Still a shit ton of people playing around the globe. Also developed by ninantec iirc. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

You're a little late. The proof of concept was a game called ingress a few years ago. Still a shit ton of people playing around the globe. Also developed by ninantec iirc. 

Nah, developers/investors needed to see there was a market for augmented reality games. There clearly is. 

Pokemon GO is doing for AR what WoW did for MMO's. For better or worse.