Valley View QSL observations.

Tonik

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

If "neon lights on a bike = spinners on a car"

what do neons on a car = on a bike?

I always though spinners on car = rim strips on a bike

I've had rim strips on previous bikes. I liked the reflective properties at night. Rarely ride at night now so its not so much of an issue.

Edited by TimTheAzn

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

If he said they are a must, then he must have hidden them in his old VFR somewhere.

Also, thanks for the heads up guys, I woulda cruised to valley view last night!

59 minutes ago, 330racing said:

I resemble that remark.  I got no invite either.:thefinger:

I reflect the same, After that one ride with tonik I think Derek is becoming a hatemonger. But I headed down south so happy anyways. Wish you guys were more east and southward so we could go for some evening short rides at times. Or even better we all were more south. Funny thing is the farther the peeps from good roads the more active they ride it seems :D

• Upvote 1

What I would give to just roll out of my driveway onto a good road.....or hell, even be 30 min from them.

Edit: I'd give: 

Brian's first borns.

One of Paul's ducatis.

My left nut. (You only need one right?)

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Newark? :lol: 

With a crime rate of 49 per one thousand residents, Newark has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. 

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/newark/crime/

:lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, motocat12 said:

If "neon lights on a bike = spinners on a car"

what do neons on a car = on a bike?

I always though spinners on car = rim strips on a bike

neons on a car = riding in shorts and flip flops on a bike

they both serve no purpose other than to "look good"

That said, my logic may suck today...i'm on pain meds.:drink:

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I reflect the same, After that one ride with tonik I think Derek is becoming a hatemonger. But I headed down south so happy anyways. Wish you guys were more east and southward so we could go for some evening short rides at times. Or even better we all were more south. Funny thing is the farther the peeps from good roads the more active they ride it seems :D

Columbus people only post about riding...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

If he said they are a must, then he must have hidden them in his old VFR somewhere.

Also, thanks for the heads up guys, I woulda cruised to valley view last night!

5 hours ago, 330racing said:

I resemble that remark.  I got no invite either.:thefinger:

Okay, so this is how the story goes. 

I posted a while back about a QSL bike night on the forums and got nothing but "that's a shit show full of pirates" so I stopped posting on OR about bike nights LOL.  Probably not near as bad as getting flamed for having neons hooked to a car alarm on my bike, but never the less.  

Secondly, I was sitting at home trying to figure out what to do when I saw a couple of riding buddies post they were heading to bike night, so I hopped on the ole' G S X r and headed up there.  Once I got up there I was walking around and I saw two bikes resembling two guys from OR... A white vulcan cruiser right next to a bluish bandit 1200.  I thought it may have been @Tonik and @crazyskullcrusher so I sent them both messages.  Jim responded back and said he was on his way... Who seriously invites themselves like that??? 

The one guy up there was @tall_tracy's roommate so i figured I'd send her a message and see if she was coming.  She wasn't so rude as to invite herself, so I felt obligated to invite her along.  Unfortunately, it wasn't to a starbucks so I had to be real convincing for her to bring the Ducati anywhere else.  

It wasn't some master plan to invite some of the guys from OR to bike night and not the rest.  

Lastly, if anyone is interested, I will be heading to QSL in Medina, next Thursday, 7-28-16, for bike night.  They are having a dyno setup and I want to put the G S X r on the dyno and see what she can do.  $20.00 for 2 pulls and I figured I'd make a ThrottleLockTV video as well.

PS. Maybe I'll turn the neons when I put her on the dyno.   That adds HP right?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

PS. Maybe I'll turn the neons when I put her on the dyno.   That adds HP right?

Bike scene has changed. This is my third time back in eighteen years. Late 90's everyone was much more tight and the economy was roaring so the disposable income was high. The inside the loop guys could cross into the SE rides no issues and vice versa. Oh the shenanigans, surprised I survived that shit. 

2009 ish economy took a poo, housing collapsed and the bike community took a hit. 

Nowadays most of my old buddies don't own bikes or family obligations. C.O.R.E. is non existent (wth happened). Posted some bike nights and seems like the Columbus people aren't into it. Went on a posted ride and only five guys show up. Wierd dynamics. But oh well, I'm always up for a ride and people watching at bike nights! 

Oh, and everyone knows stickers make your bike faster! Ha

Keep on keeping on, post up and let's get people involved again! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Do what?  be wrong as wrong can be?  :-)

and Tonik what the hell does the crime rate have to do with good riding?  Criminals are willing to pay extra taxes for good roads - it makes getaways easier....

You're not riding shit if it gets stolen :D

Just now, Idiot said:

that's kinda besides the point - the fact is whoever does steal it has easy access to some really excellent roads!

plus, a quick and easy route into Columbus...  Ohio's capitol and greatest city

I appreciate your resiliency

• Upvote 1

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/chloe-grace-moretz-lena-dunham-celebs-speaking-dnc/story?id=40773641

Chloe Grace Moretz, Lena Dunham, America Ferrera, Debra Messing, Demi Lovato,Katy Perry, Eva Longoria, Alicia Keys,  and Star Jones are among the Hollywood stars who will take the stage to support Hillary Clinton.

Edited by motocat12

8 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What I would give to just roll out of my driveway onto a good road.....or hell, even be 30 min from them.

Edit: I'd give: 

Brian's first borns.

One of Paul's ducatis.

My left nut. (You only need one right?)

Be careful what you wish for.I live a mile from 555,6 miles from 669,15 miles from 78.

But the downside....I live in Zanesville.