Help!!!????....Blowing Fuse

Bathtubbandit

I have a 2004 GSXR 600 and my signal fuse keeps blowing. I have a schematic and have checked every single wire twice. Found a burnt connector off of the rectifier. Performed resistance checks on both the rectifier and the generator and those both check fine.....knowing connectors cause resistance I hard side red them in instead and heat shrines the exposed parts....I have checked every ground for looseness as well as traced out the circuit on a schematic. I'm loosing my mind and my spare fuses..

Any help or suggestion is welcomed bc this has me stumped....

Thanks in advance

I had it happen once to the main fuse. It turned out to be the fuse box itself. The contacts were corroded, but it wasn't visible. Just a brownish color. Just enough to build up heat and pop the fuse under load. Not the type of thing that should happen to a turn signal fuse though. I would check the fuse box, and would be looking at what else is on that same power circuit with the turn signals.

Most likely a hot wire +24vdc going to ground. Ring out the circuit checking wires that might of chaffed though to ground. I'd personally disconnect the circuit from the fuse all the way to end device. Your meter should have a beep mode when continuity is sensed? Just break it down one section at a time. Good luck, I'm thinking you will see the issue visibly once you isolate the circuit. 

There's your problem, you're running 24 fucking volts to your turn signal. 

Chase down the blinker module, remove and bridge circuit with anything metal to activate signal, if it lights up and fuse doesn't blow, replace blinker module. If it does blow, theres a dead short somewhere, likely in the wires leading to the dash indicator light where they pass up by the steering head. 

Should definitely be a 12v circuit....thanks for the pointers...I've had it on my mind but have been dreading it...going component to component is going to suck but will definitely find the problem...I didn't even consider checking the actual fuse box itself.....I really appreciate it.....

8 hours ago, Bathtubbandit said:

Lol...wrong...good try though..."almost got it"...."gotta try a little harder"...(holds a Suzuki fishing pole with a "join the Honda bandwagon" sticker on the hook)

Isaac's papa is a ducrappy fanboy, he's just here to stir the turd. 

• Upvote 1

I believe auto correct messed up your last post Isaac's Papa....did you mean to say Suzuki's suck way less than Ducati's and Honda's.....by the way isn't Ducati getting Audi's help this year with the Electrical Engineering of their bike's...?lol....that bad for them huh....

49 minutes ago, Bathtubbandit said:

Yes they did...but up until this year they stayed hands off...guess they were tired of Ducati ruining their rep....since all you pay for is the name anyway....lol....

Ducati found some extra pace in MotoGP after the summer break. 

Wonder how much German engineering went into finding the podiums? Hmm

All in all thanks for the advice guys....I was talking shit...i do like ducati's and Audi is found a joint project where Ducati helps them with aero and Audi helps Ducati with electrical to make it more tech. Adv......I don't favor any bike in particular....this Suzuki is just what I'm comfortable beating up on....Be Safe everyone

• Upvote 1

Gixxer bro package.

Smaller mirrors, undertail kit, power valve delete, yosh or 2 bros slip on, knick off pazzo levers, led signals, various stickers. 

I see this all the time on the C14 forums too.

They have.....

"Put on a k&n, removed the secondary flies, installed a PC, drilled out the cats, bla, bla, bla....."

Two threads later asking why their bikes won't run right. Like the stock 150 hp isn't enough.