I'm gonna start carrying rocks...

ScubaCinci

Once you get used to calling drivers out for punishment passes on a 20 pound motorless bike while wearing lycra. Doing it on a bike that can outrun and outmaneuver them, no big deal.

They didn't injure you This time but they get the rush and no consequences and may get you next time. Road users are at risk either way. They need to get spooked enough to think about their driving but not enough for them to want revenge.

I like this method though

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cyclist-car-keys-throws-drain-1.3244683

17 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

OMW home from work today, traffic was fairly heavy on the interstate, I'm in the middle lane of 3 lanes, about 1.5 car lengths behind the car in front of me. A shitbox car driven by a young black guy (not racist, just the facts) came up on my left, drove behind the car in front of him, then just came over in my lane, damn near clipping my front. Obviously he knew I was there, he had just pulled up next to me. So I proceed to lay on my horn and of course he flips ME off multiple times, even doing it out the window. Then he slows way down so I go around to the right where he proceeds to honk at me, flip me off, dance around in the car and laugh. That was enough for me. I motioned for him to pull over so I could break his fucking jaw. Of course, the coward doesn't continues with his antics (I'm boxed in at this point) until he gets off the interstate at the next exit. If I didn't have to be home to meet with a painter, I'd have followed his ass and handed it to him. Fucker. So I continued on...

Not 2 minutes later, it's 4 lanes and i'm in the center left lane and the left most lane ends ahead. Traffic thins somewhat because I passed an interstate junction. I get to the point where the left lane ends and suddenly out of nowhere, this asshat old white guy in a minivan passes me ON THE FUCKING SHOULDER and cuts me off - damn near hitting me again! I'm fucking beside myself because there was no one behind me for 400+ feet and I'm doing about 75mph. He easily could've gotten in behind me and there was a line of cars in front of me so it's not like he was going to get far by getting ahead of me. So again I lay on the horn and he just waves his hand dismissively like he didn't give a flying fuck. I about came unglued. Even the trucker in the right lane, who I know witnessed the other jackhole, honked his horn as if to say WTF? If I had a big rock in my pocket, he would have at least one less intact window. Then I would've beat his ass with it. I passed him and looked over and of course he just ignored me. I looked over at the trucker and he gave me the 'sorry, people are assholes' gesture.

WTF is wrong with people? I don't get pissed too easily but both of these guys were very purposeful in what they did - it's not like it was accidental. Now I'm gonna have to go to the gym and fuck up some weights.

Welcome to Ohio, the birthplace to all :asshat: drivers!  I have to deal with this every day including the dummies on their cell phones.  I watched a girl holding up the left lane for miles while barely doing the same speed as the truckers in the right lane.  Every time a car got close she would brake check them forcing them to pass on the right.  Eventually I had to deal with the cunt and she did the same thing to me, so I stayed at least a car length away and she made it clear with the shouting and middle finger that I was somehow doing something wrong.  She proceeded to keep all of us behind her until she decided to cut off the semi next to her to get off the highway and barely made the exit all while displaying the middle finger to everyone.  Clearly this woman didn't give a shit if she wrecked someone or herself in the process.  Where do they come from? :dunno:

SMH - My biggest pet peeve is when people think something about you that's not true but there's no way to convince them otherwise. Like when they cut you off and they blame you.

The problem is they have no accountability with little risk to themselves so they feel free to do as they wish, not caring about us because we are "idiots on motorcycles".

• Upvote 1

I just try not to let the idiots bother me.  I'm on a motorcycle and they aren't.  I'm the one enjoying life, they aren't. When people are dicks, I just zing around em and keep going and enjoy the rest of my ride.  Sure, they are putting me at risk, but me getting angry only puts me at more risk, which is why I don't.  PLUS, I won't let anyone ruin the fun I have on a motorcycle...

Unless it's police...

They always ruin the fun. 

Always...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 330racing said:

Not always...

I have to say that Trooper didn't stand a chance.  He was 50 mi away from him in about 30 sec.  That thing has some amazing power!  But, he put himself at very high risk at those speeds and I hope the dash cam didn't get the plate or they will be waiting for him when he gets home!

20 minutes ago, Wolfman1 said:

I have to say that Trooper didn't stand a chance.  He was 50 mi away from him in about 30 sec.  That thing has some amazing power!  But, he put himself at very high risk at those speeds and I hope the dash cam didn't get the plate or they will be waiting for him when he gets home!

He put others at risk at those speeds.

I've been known to have a temper from time to time.  Years ago, some young guy in a slammed 4cyl S-10 came out of nowhere, passed me in the left berm, cut me off, kicking up all kinds of debris onto my truck, and then blew across the remaining 2 lanes to exit the interstate.  Nonsense.  There was no other traffic around so why act like a such a cum puddle?  Had nothing pressing to do, so I moved over and followed him up the ramp to the next red light.   Pulled up next to him, jumped out and tried his passenger side door ( which he had luckily locked ).  Peering through his open window I asked if he was going to "settle up or puss out", with a panicked look of sudden diarrhea, he runs the red and took off.  I cooled down and went back to the highway.  Wife obviously gave me the 3rd degree, but some fucks just need a hard lesson now and then.  Ultimately, not giving further chase, I saved his life that day....sometimes it just feels so rewarding to be a good samaritan, saving lives :D

Left lane squatters piss me off too.  Sometimes I'll make my way around them, slide over ahead of them, and return the favor by slowing them down ( always in my truck, I dont stick around on my bike - I pass dumbshits when I ride ).  That usually gets them out of the left lane, then I take off and resume my day and much happier that I helped someone learn something new....the golden rule and all that.

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 3