Cell phone providers

Bad324

Been with Sprint forever, around 16 years, I think.  The service is adequate for where I need to work.  Prices are about the same as others, except I get 40GB of data out of my 20GB plan!  I only use about 10-15 max most of the time, though.  It's something like $100 a month minus the 20% discount, plus $15 for each line.  They ONLY discount the plan, not the $15 for each line, or the phones.  So, I don't think they would be any cheaper for you, even with their new plans.

BTW...  Beware of "Unlimited" plans!  Sprint clearly states that video streaming, and certain other content is knocked down to a lower quality with their new plans.

Consumer Cellular works good for me.  You can get the voice plan separate from the data package and tailor the plan you want without a contract. I bought a good compatible cell phone from amazon, got the SIM card from Target bringing my own phone as they call it.  $20 for 1,000 minutes, $30 for 3 GB data or mix and match what you need.  Wifi available at work and home so it doesn't cut into my plan. Second line for $10 to share the plan with my wife. Calls between phones on the plan are free.  Coverage is good and works where I need it to. Think it runs on the ATT network which has improved quite a bit.  Main thing is get the plan and service (whoever) that works good for you and that you can afford. Also, 100% US based tech support which was great when I was setting up service.

12 hours ago, fox_racing_guy said:

Is anyone here using Google Project Fi? looks amazingly cheap for my uses I'm just wondering about coverage out in the sticks. 

https://fi.google.com/about/

I had forgotten all about that!  They use multiple networks, so you SHOULD be covered if anyone offers service out where you need it.  I'm going to look into WHICH networks they do use, though.

• Upvote 1