Older rider, noobie here, Way Down in Athens County

cycleb

Hey, new to your site,but been riding almost 45 years. I think I'm blessed, living in the heart of one of the country's leading local food systems, with some of the sweetest riding in the state, maybe country. Way down in Athens County, that's where I'm at. Home of Jackie O's Brewery, Little Fish Brewery, and Devil's Kettle. We also have some great wineries, and outstanding restaurants in the area. The focus around here is to keep it local. Just want to invite any of you coming out to ride the Triple Nickel, to stop by the Triple Nickel Diner. Great local food, great folks, and the food's too cheap! If you want a tour of any of the breweries, wineries, organic farms, or food/agriculture related businesses, contact us ahead of time, ask for Bob, and we can arrange that. We can also hook you up with cabin rentals and B&B's.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

What's not to love!? Justin, TimTheAzn, and everybody, if you're riding near by, you should check out the diner. Bison Burgers on Amish baked buns, $5.75. One of the waiter's Grandmother bakes the pies,and just lot's of great food if  ya want to take a break during a ride.

1 minute ago, cycleb said:

What's not to love!? Justin, TimTheAzn, and everybody, if you're riding near by, you should check out the diner. Bison Burgers on Amish baked buns, $5.75. One of the waiter's Grandmother bakes the pies,and just lot's of great food if  ya want to take a break during a ride.

I ride through Chesterhill all the time (One of my favorite areas to ride) but I haven't stopped at the diner. i will definitely make a stop there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

I ride through Chesterhill all the time (One of my favorite areas to ride) but I haven't stopped at the diner. i will definitely make a stop there.

Open Thurs.-Sat. 8:00-8:00, Sun. 8:00-3:00. Just off the nickel where 555 does that little jog in Chesterhill, 1060 High St.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, cycleb said:

I live up in Cleveland now. It's a hike to get down there, typically when I rode on the street down there breaks were during gas stops, enough time to chug a water and eat a granola bar and we were off again.

Not saying when I get a street bike again I wont be open to the idea. I did try to plan out a route on my own to get down to Court Street diner (used to work there) and back for a day trip for lunch. But I couldnt figure out how to get it onto my phone.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

@TimTheAzn have you tried creating it in Google Maps, saving it in your places, then opening it that way?

Son of a bitch......... Just did a quick route down to athens and sent directions to my phone and that worked on the test run I just did. 

Thanks Dave! Now I have to buy another street bike so I can run some routes without relying on someone else's knowledge of the area.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Son of a bitch......... Just did a quick route down to athens and sent directions to my phone and that worked on the test run I just did. 

Thanks Dave! Now I have to buy another street bike so I can run some routes without relying on someone else's knowledge of the area.

It took you most of the winter to realize you need another street bike? Paging @what and @Danimal. Someone sell this man a bike.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Now I have to buy another street bike

Another implies that you actually own one in the first place.

But you really should, the secret Saturday runs are pretty epic and right up your alley.

• Upvote 1