Funny?

ScubaCinci

On my way home today about 5 blocks from my house and I looked over at this girl jogging with her dog. She was not what I would call fit, but wasn't really fat either - she looked a bit awkward running as if it was somewhat new to her. She was wearing yoga pants (leggings-whatever) and probably should've made a different wardrobe decision (really it's immaterial but sets the scene). As I'm looking at her thinking this, she trips and takes a header onto the sidewalk. Not trip, stumble, fall...it was trip, BAM! Lucky for her the dog stopped when she fell or it may have dragged her a bit. I immediately started laughing and I watched in my mirror as she got herself upright so she didn't appear to have done any major damage so I continued on.

The question is - am I an evil person for laughing or is it just inherently funny when someone falls? Oh, and no, she didn't know I was laughing, my windows were up and she couldn't see me with her face in the concrete.

Had I been back just a little further, I totally would've captured it on my dash cam. :nono:

It's a human reaction to laugh at another's despair. Not unusual. Not empathetic, but whatever. (Like I've never fallen down, or laughed when some one did so.) Maybe she gets the last laugh. I've seen a few big ladies slim down, and become absolutely gorgeous.

1 minute ago, ReconRat said:

Maybe she gets the last laugh. I've seen a few big ladies slim down, and become absolutely gorgeous.

I certainly wasn't laughing at her size...I applaud her for getting out and exercising. She just didn't look very graceful and that was before the fall. Also, there are certain clothes some people should not wear. I know my limits. I guess some have neither friend nor mirror.

13 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

www.reddit.com/r/kidsfallingdown

My favorite place in the whole world. 

:lol:I just burnt through probably an hour of my work day watching these, literally laughing out load! My secretary probably thinks i am freaking losing it.

Edited by bowdog

18 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

On my way home today about 5 blocks from my house and I looked over at this girl jogging with her dog. She was not what I would call fit, but wasn't really fat either - she looked a bit awkward running as if it was somewhat new to her. She was wearing yoga pants (leggings-whatever) and probably should've made a different wardrobe decision (really it's immaterial but sets the scene). As I'm looking at her thinking this, she trips and takes a header onto the sidewalk. Not trip, stumble, fall...it was trip, BAM! Lucky for her the dog stopped when she fell or it may have dragged her a bit. I immediately started laughing and I watched in my mirror as she got herself upright so she didn't appear to have done any major damage so I continued on.

The question is - am I an evil person for laughing or is it just inherently funny when someone falls? Oh, and no, she didn't know I was laughing, my windows were up and she couldn't see me with her face in the concrete.

Had I been back just a little further, I totally would've captured it on my dash cam. :nono:

Men laugh at pain...  it's perfectly natural.