NinjaDoc

Congrats doc. I am itching to throw my st around some curves soon as the weather breaks.

Got to keeps us posted about the comparative handing differences between you past bikes.

• Upvote 1

thx guys, yes i been itching to ride this bike. Was in my unheated garage all night last night to get this thing finished so i can do a test run saturday and go for longer run sunday. Prolly gonna end up catching cold by tomorrow and bed ridden by sunday lol

All the bikes i been through i put at least 4K + miles in the short duration i had them. Thus getting to know them well but still not fully getting used to them. This will be a big disadvantage as i never get to "learn" one bike and be comfortable with it. But so far one of the best motorcycle ever has been my beloved vstrom, am gonna miss selling that bike. @Al Z. Heimer had advised me multiple time that selling that bike would be one big mistake :( but an OCD ADD addict brain is wired different 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Man you change bikes more often than I change underwear. Congrats.

Me too :( I still use the spectacles belt bags shoes I bought from India 8 yrs ago, I am weirdly minimalist in all other aspects expect for this one addiction, which I am not at all proud off. 

30 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

That's a sexy yam ya got there nivin. Be a shame if you were to sell it....

For sure, I hope I don't, lot of work I put into it ( not in your standards :) ) got to know the bike well, now need to ride and get used to the weight 

15 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I put 125,000 miles on mine, trouble free.  It isn't perfect, but it's perfect for me.  Hope you like yours as well. 

I hope too Phil,as of now fjr is the most predominant bike in this forum, about 6-7 I counted

17 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well I'm glad you finally let everyone in on your not so well kept secret :lol:. Now it's time for you to get down to SEO and really test it out.

For sure, need to get few rides before the big one 

image.thumb.jpeg.934252aa0e79dcef3e765b1492f1b6f4.jpeg

Edited by NinjaDoc

13 minutes ago, Wolfman1 said:

Congrats Doc, that is a sharp FJR!  I still may have one of these in the stable one day, I have a soft spot for the FJR.  Bring that bad boy down to the Epic Ride!

I always liked the fjr on paper stats, but for some reason the seating and ergo never agreed with me, the neck is too wide pushing your crotch kinda wide. And the Connie was perfect fit for me. But for some weird reason I knew I would end up getting the fjr eventually and that thought stuck with me I guess when I jumped into the deal. 

8 minutes ago, mello dude said:

Sweet wheels Doc!  That FJR is on my gotta ride one list.... 

Yes for sure, while I was enjoying the vfr, the flow chart looked like this, if I wanted more touring oriented upgrade get the fjr. If I wanted more sporting oriented upgrade get the tuono, always wanted to try one. Well this was until I tried the 7th gen vfr, now that is the perfect bike right there :)  praying no good ones pop up closer to me. 

7 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

That's one cool fucking shirt. Maybe I'll actually ride southeast Ohio this year and earn one.

Hehe definitely you should ride seo, the seor is an fjr meet up they are having every year in seo.

This was what the little birdies were telling me about for a while but I kept my mouth shut..lol

Congrats Doc, I think people are seeing every day what we are doing with these ST machines and want a piece of it. The days of them being labeled slow and heavy are over. I've never felt like the FJR was my grove after riding a few but the Connie songs my song for sure. Only thing I would replace her with is a Motus and my bank account says that will never happen.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Tah Daaaah!! Corbin Smuggler. Boy did you keep that a secret. 

Hahahaha I am trying to keep things a secret and hoping to get at least 6 months between posts so people don't really just put me on ignore list :) 

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Trade you a Multistrada and a Supersport for it. 

Even if I know it's a big fat lie than the fjr it still sounds good :) 

37 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Nice bike Nivin. Should suit your style of riding for years to come, lol.

Hahahaha :)

J, u know ur the lone survivor of the uber sport world, every one else went hard panniers :) 

22 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

This was what the little birdies were telling me about for a while but I kept my mouth shut..lol

Congrats Doc, I think people are seeing every day what we are doing with these ST machines and want a piece of it. The days of them being labeled slow and heavy are over. I've never felt like the FJR was my grove after riding a few but the Connie songs my song for sure. Only thing I would replace her with is a Motus and my bank account says that will never happen.

For sure, it was the high used price that kept me away from going fjr so long. Now that couple new generations are out the 2nd gen pricing is coming down. I always liked a heavier bike with big bags for some weird reason. Every bike I got I put hard panniers on lol. Almost got one for the monster even :D 

6 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hahahaha I am trying to keep things a secret and hoping to get at least 6 months between posts so people don't really just put me on ignore list :) 

Even if I know it's a big fat lie than the fjr it still sounds good :) 

Hahahhahahaha 

told you the antenna is going to be my signature on all bikes from now on. Your right didn't find it yet :D 

Now when I go to f6b in future it will have one I guess