Things not to say when letting people go

snot

Start rant...

Don't tell me this is hard for you too... Sit in my seat MF! You have a job to go to in the morning, I need to find a way to put food on the table and keep the table.

Don't ask "How did I know it was coming?" People suck at hiding knowledge others don't know.. Body language and not making eye contact for a week tells it all. Don't insult my intelligence!

"Sorry", you're sorry... No you are glad it was me and not you.

"You will be find", will I? Do you have a crystal ball? 

My poistion was 8 months old, they created it and then over extended thier line of credit building a 4 million office addition for 8 Fucking people with 75" TV's and cherry wood furniture, that I had to move. I moved furniture to the new offices, that all have private restrooms and a fitness room! They bought a desk for $1600, it was delivered the day before I was cut, that was more than I made in a week... But you are fucking sorry and I will be ok....

End rant....

Now to find a job....

I saw it coming, it surprised them when I asked the day before if they were letting me go the next day.

I was right and they wanted to know how I knew. I explained their actions towards me the week and days leading to it gave it away.

Jen, you have the right attitude! Nobody who is "let go" is happy about it initially IMHO. The old adage "being fired was the best thing that ever happened to me!" rings hollow for many, but is also true in many cases. The question to ask yourself in retrospect might be, "why would I want to work for a company that treats employees this way?" 

The jobless rate really is at an all-time low now. I'm glad you found something satisfactory, but fortunately for all of us, and because of the low unemployment rate, there will be several other opportunities for you in the foreseeable future. We all know that the days of working for a single firm your entire career are long gone.

• Upvote 1

I have a habit of working myself out of a job. I go in, write/update procedures, train employees and make the system manageable. It takes anywhere from 1-2 years for me to get it done.

The new job will be a challenge and I will be working with 13000 chemicals! I will be on a team for a change too.

It is on the Base too. So, when I ride to work I can pretend I am a girl Tom cruise riding my ninja.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, snot said:

I just hope I don't have a laps in memory and mix the wrong stuff.... 🙄

Like Ed said - be happy that you're not with that bunch of jerks any more.

Best of luck in the new job!

Pro Tip: Make sure the bottles of NaCN and KCN are at one end of the room, and all bottles of any acid are at the other end. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Shoop said:

Like Ed said - be happy that you're not with that bunch of jerks any more.

Best of luck in the new job!

Pro Tip: Make sure the bottles of NaCN and KCN are at one end of the room, and all bottles of any acid are at the other end. 

Will do.... 

I don't think the Air Force would see the humor in me making chemical reactions.