READ! CR member suggestions!

MrMeanGreen

I agree with "copperhead", When people register send them an email stating that they can't post until they come to a meet and talk to a mod or admin. With a mods approval they can start posting. I am saying this without having been to a meet. I am a very busy person and have a new family, so making it to meets has been impossible. But I DO want to came and meet everyone. I would be completely fine with that. That would eliminate the "ricer" attitudes on this board somewhat. You can't get rid of it all. I think you guys made the right decision to shut it down temp., I really enjoy reading and getting informed on this site. Again I am very new, but this whole "ricer" thing was way out of control the past few weeks. Good luck Mods and admins!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Anthony

I know opinions are like butt holes but here is a "great" idea to keep punks off the board, You set up a Paypal or other means and if you want to stay registered pay a 10.00 Paypal fee to you and get a "free" CR sticker. You will make you some money for your trouble and someone who really isn't in it for the right reasons wont pay and most high school kids wouldn't waste 10 bucks or have the 10 bucks to waste to stay on a site that they don't really care about.

im a noob to the board, so i cant say much, but i hope everything works out. i like this place alot and i want to see it thrive. so if ant and the mods see this as necessary then it is. they work hard to make this site an enjoyable that we can all hangout.

Originally posted by nicktcfcsb:

Hey Anthony

I know opinions are like butt holes but here is a "great" idea to keep punks off the board, You set up a Paypal or other means and if you want to stay registered pay a 10.00 Paypal fee to you and get a "free" CR sticker. You will make you some money for your trouble and someone who really isn't in it for the right reasons wont pay and most high school kids wouldn't waste 10 bucks or have the 10 bucks to waste to stay on a site that they don't really care about.

Not necessarily a bad idea. One open forum for anyone curious about the site. Rest of the site is registered with you after a $10-5 sticker purchase.

Guest Elinar Longsight

It may have seemed extreme, but this had to be done. Why? Because we need to sort out all the trash. I know that Mark(Texas Envy) and Anthony have been getting ideas about how to control the problems from some members of the board. But you have to realize when making suggestions, the problem is not just one thing or one group of people. It is a combination of several things and people including newbies and Senior Members alike. We had to do something drastic to get everyones attention, so everyone knows that there is a problem and its not as easy to take care of as a few words. That is why this topic was left open. To get people to think about one thing, How to make CR better. The board will be back, it was never the intention to close it for good.

Thanks for the suggestions, they will each be taken into consideration.

While i'm thinking about it.... CR is not just a car board. It's a community where people can talk cars, sell parts, buy parts, make plans, and get a laugh or two in. CR would be boring if it were nothing more than a tech section and strictly car talk.

Originally posted by Bitch Gettin Drop-top:

While i'm thinking about it.... CR is not just a car board. It's a community where people can talk cars, sell parts, buy parts, make plans, and get a laugh or two in. CR would be boring if it were nothing more than a tech section and strictly car talk.

True that.

Last night there was a discussion in the chat room, and I think a few good Ideas came out of it.

Pay an initiation fee. That will weed out the majority of people that only want to be here to cause problems. The catch would be that you couldnt pay by pay-pal...you would have to come out and meet a mod or admin.

Next was the poll banning. If there were someone being a total jackass, then a mod or admin would make a poll for that person and his/her fate would rely on what the senior members thought.

Change the strike rule to keep track of the strikes for as long as it takes to reach three. The way it is set up now is if you get three in 2 weeks you get banned. The way it should be is if you get 3 total, ever, you get banned.

Last (that i can remember) was the three moderator banning. Instead of leaving it up to one the admins all the time, make it so if three mods agree to it, they can ban someone. Use three because a mod or two could be having a bad day and just be pissed at someone. Three would make it harder to abuse your power.

Hope this lets some people know some of the ideas being looked at.

-Marc

How about re-opening the board with the following forums...

General:

Passing lane > strictly car related topics/news

Parking lot > non-car related current events/news; but formal

Flame room > anything goes, uncensored, unmoderated, what happens here stays here.

Events:

Cr events > Our own events

Friends of cr > Cruise-ins, Track days, and other stuff we're invited to.

Tech:

Electrical issues > troubleshooting help

Mechanical issues > troubleshooting help

Maximizing performance > share experience with power adders, tuning, other performance mods.

Pics & Vids:

car vids and pics > cars only

the other stuff > the "other" pics

Classefieds:

Car stuff > members with car stuff to buy/sell

Other stuff > members with other stuff to buy/sell

Vendors > registered vendors who make a donation

Archives:

Reference > Good reference materials like the "what to expect at the track"

Remember when > the memorable posts

Senior Members Area:

Senior member stuff (including "the lists")

Admin & Mods:

Admin and mod stuff

I think this will break it down to where everyone knows what to expect in each area. Zero tolerance for stray posting will help out the mods. If you want car stuff, go to the car forums. If you want the other stuff, you know where to find it. If you don't want the other stuff, don't go in there. What do you think?

The flame room...we used to have one. I for one am glad it's gone. If you really wanna see e-thugs and keyboard warriors, re-open the flame room.

Everything else looks pretty good Rob. I like the breakdown of the tech section, that would make it a lot easier to find specific info.

-Marc

I didnt read all of this, and I dont really plan on doing so, but I hope you dont mind if I make a little suggestion Anthony. The board as it was was way to damn big. Honestly. People could postwhore in one section, get yelled at, go to another and hardly anyone would notice. this is why you guys have a hard time moderating. Ive seen it happen on other boards, even one I am a mod at. ex: you ave 5 mods, not counting you, and 5 forums, thats more than 1 person for forms. However, if you have 5 mods + yourself watching 20 forums, thats approx 4 forums with who knows how many posts a day per person. See what Im saying? Just stack the deck in your guy's favor instead of ours.

For instance:

The Garage:

Talk aout anything car related whether it be a tech problem, how to, etc. ANYTHING TO DO WITH CARS GOES IN THIS FORUM.

The Curb:

This would be the BS section of the board. NON CAR RELATED TOPICS ONLY.

Meetings and Events:

Self explanatory

The Black Market:

Buy/sell/trade

Questions and Suggestions:

About the site/CR

Then the three lists.

With that same setup everything we have on the board now can be covered, but in less space and it will be easier to monitor. You say there's no where to post your precious pictures? Easy. Is it car related or not? Then place in the proper section. Its that simple. Less forums = less places for assholes to post = easier to watch them.

make the fight 5 on 5 instead of 5 on 5000.

Wow. Definitely wasn't expecting this. Definitely didn't think I'd read of all this either, but I did. The mods and admins actions are similar to those of my parents: they worry about pretty much everything and I don't have to, but when somethin goes wrong, they don't full explain what's going on (and they don't have to), so I can't give an accurate solution to the problem. Annoying for sure, but I guess I gotta deal with it. I mean the main thing I can touch on is the fact that stupidity is a disease. Not really contagious, but just happens to affect quite a few people and it's VERY hard to cure. I gotta leave for work, so I can't go into detail about what may solve this dilema, but there are better ways I'm sure than shutting down the board for any amount of time.

I think this whole thing is being blow out of proportion. If you can't handle the way the board is progressing, then you should step down and not be a mod or admin. Anthony, if you are tired of the shit then maybe it's time to relinquish command.

Better yet, give me the board for a few weeks. I'll clean this place up in a big hurry.

You need to have balls of iron and not be afraid to piss off a lot of people. One thing is for sure, you might as well just shut the place down if this is the way you are all going to deal with this.

I agree with the decision of the admins. When a site like this gets too large it can get extremely out of hand. Hell if you have to, wipe out everybody and start from scratch. Make everybody re-register and be selective with who you take in at first. That is just my idea and thats all it is. Take your time guys and make the decision that will best benefit you and your members. It is a crying shame that it has gone this far but what must be done must be done. I am sure that all devoted members are willing to wait as long as it takes to get this done right. I trust your judgement Anthony, we all know that you and the mods will make this all work out.

to the rest of the clan: HAVE FAITH & BEHAVE

I think that would be a big morale booster for us all in this time of great strife!!!!

See ya on the flip side, Larry

Originally posted by ComaRed:

I think this whole thing is being blow out of proportion. If you can't handle the way the board is progressing, then you should step down and not be a mod or admin. Anthony, if you are tired of the shit then maybe it's time to relinquish command.

Better yet, give me the board for a few weeks. I'll clean this place up in a big hurry.

You need to have balls of iron and not be afraid to piss off a lot of people. One thing is for sure, you might as well just shut the place down if this is the way you are all going to deal with this.

I can deal with this, and this is one way of doing it. I didn't decide this on my own, we had a meeting of 13 Admins/Mods last night and this was the final decision all of us came to conclusion with.

The board may be back up tonight as I'm revamping a few things as we speak. But I'll be damned if it's not gonna be ruled with every authority on here having an iron fist!

Anthony even thou it was a bit exterm if you fell it was needed i am behind on your decision 100%.

The only thing that i woould suject is to maybe add several more Admins/mods to help control that stupidity. Maybe change the senior member number to 500 or 600 post (350 can be reached fairly quickly with a active member.) Also maybe limit the amount and where new members are able to post.

But if ya need help with anything let us now.

Come on, Ant! Get this MFN board opened again. It makes a work day painfully long w/out it.

I kinda agree with Coma on this....

But I think you do a good job. With all the members on here, you've answered every PM I ever sent you..In a timely fashion.

Originally posted by Rebel INS:

Come on, Ant! Get this MFN board opened again. It makes a work day painfully long w/out it.

I kinda agree with Coma on this....

But I think you do a good job. With all the members on here, you've answered every PM I ever sent you..In a timely fashion.

DOn't agree with my brother, he's an asshole :D

The other two sections are up, and changes are being made as we speak. Keep an eye out.

Guest Pimpin' the Jag

I've been on here for more then a year and i still dont have 350...then again i usually back off if i see flame wars or if somethings funny i laugh out loud instead of making a comment...woo woo, +1 post for me

Maybe banning people should be a more common thing?