Top Gear: 05 Mustang GT

Buck531

* > TopGear

"It's got a live rear axle... kind of like running around with your shoelaces tied together."

"0-60 in less than 6 seconds, but it doesn't feel fast..." --followed by--- ..."it doesn't just accelerate, it rears and snorts."

"Of course, European cars would run circles around this car."

I've never needed an annoying English man to explain to me which cars I like and which ones I don't. Nine times out of ten, the TopGear narratives sound like they were written by an Ivey league Marketing executive instead of by real car guys.

Originally posted by Fornicate:

Love it or hate it, but IMO the story was 100% correct.

+1

The brand is a marketing tool anymore. I hate to say it but Corvette is almost getting to that point to. Everytime it seems like they do though, they bump up the power a little bit and throw up slightly better performance numbers. Executives are stupid.

just watched it...

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Uh, did you guys watch the video? it sounded like they liked it.

+1 :confused:

they can be harsh (isn't that their job?), but the car does have its flaws. overall they've given favorable reviews of several american cars. like dj said, they absolutely loved the gto and ford gt...

Originally posted by buckeye:

The gto is not realy a american car any way so they just liked the ford gt then, and hell that is in a catagory with a enzo type

graemlins/wtf.gif 360 Stradale, 911 turbo, gallardo yes,... Enzo no.

[ 02. January 2005, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Doug ]

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Uh, did you guys watch the video? it sounded like they liked it.

Which is odd, because they called my car "complete rubbish"

I think they like the history of the car, more then the car. Cause it sucks

Hmm - watched the vid, and to my dumbass ears it sounds like they liked it. They really wanted to hate it - like all the nippon drivin nancyboys on here want to - and yet... Went on the "cool wall". (loved the groans of the crowd too - damn europe hates america right now - I LOVE IT)

Actually - I agree with everything they said. Too bad they won't test the upcoming Cobra.