Honda Northwest in Hilliard

sonavabeech

Where are the best places to go around Columbus for service (for that matter Ohio)??? I know everyone has had good days and bad days at certain places. Seems like everyone on the board has had a bad experience with ASK and MOC. Considering SERVICE only... (not sales) what do you guys think???

Obviously I'm a little biased, but the techs at Honda Northwest really do know their shit. We've had both ASK and MOC send bikes our way in the last few months with problems that they couldn't fix. And yes, we could and did. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the end,we made it right. Isn't that good customer service?

You say that you don't think you were being difficult by questioning things, which I don't think you were. But you immediately blamed the service dept. whichever question you were asking. How do you know the screw was NOT already there? Just because the tech didn't see it the first time on the lift? The tire could have been in any number of positions hiding that screw behind the swingarm, fender, etc.

I'm not trying to say that it wasn't the service depts fault, it may have been, but it also may not have been. Even by you own posts here, that was not an option in your mind and we obviously did something wrong.

Rick (service writer) is a super nice guy and if he was rude to you in any way then I apologize for that. However, I was standing back there for part of your conversation and you were not exactly being polite. That still doesn't excuse him telling you we don't want your business, because obviously we do, but he is human and we all make mistakes.

In the end, Brian in Cleveland made it right. When I left the first time, everything was ok. The technician specificly said she did the service, she check the tire pressure and everything was fine. To my knowledge, my bike was service yesterday and it didn't make sense that there was no issue with the tire having been there since Saturday morning. Even the slowest leak would have made itself obvious by the time the service tech performed the service yesterday, well over three days later. The screw I was shown after it had been taken out was huge.

Before, Rick had not even looked at any paperwork or even asked the technician anything. His initial response to my statement/question, which anyone's first response would be of "How in the world did that get there?" when he first pointed out the flat was, "It must have been like that when you dropped it off." Not possibly, must have. Because I was skeptical, my next statement was in regards to why wouldn't it have been caught during the service and then that is when Rick went to look at the paperwork and brought the technician over. I never blamed anyone. Shortly after that, I left a satisfied customer.

Halfway back to work, I got a call saying they needed the key because I still had it in my hand. We turn around and go back. When I go in with my key, Rick immediately shows me this screw and says that "we don't use screws like these" as if that were to clear anyone there of any possible liability. In addition to that, the technician's statement changes to "the tire pressure was low and I had to put air in it." AND he states he discussed with my husband that he will eat the cost of labor and half the price of the tire as if discussing it with my husband resolved the issue. It is not my husbands bike. It is my bike. I paid for it and the service.

I discontinued my politeness when he disregarded how it didn't make sense to me that I have a flat tire just moments before I'm about to leave when my bike had been there since Saturday morning, the technician story changes, he makes me feel like I'm trying to swindle a free tire and when he thinks that talking to my husband over the phone resolved anything with my motorcycle. Icing on the cake was when he said "then WE don't need your business." After all, who am I, obviously just one insigficant person who will say shit and fuck when she's pissed. I left for the second time still not able to take my motorcycle with me and had turn return for a third time having to have my boss take me back and forth each time.

The issue went from "What the?" to resolved to unresolved to resolved in three hours and three trips back and forth to the dealership, never getting a call to let me know that my bike was ready to be picked up. I had to call to check so I wouldn't waste time and gas making a trip going there and having it not be ready.

As Brian put it and how I originally felt without saying anything to begin with, "Even though no one really knows where the screw came from or how it got there, it was discovered while your motorcycle was in our possesion."

It was neither your or Brian's place to apologize for super nice Rick's customer service approach.

We all know that we have options and it's episodes like this that make us consider them. During the first trip, my boss walked around the show room and was considering the purchase of one of the BMW's. He had talked about it a few times over the past few weeks. I was going to have a co-worker take me up there but my boss offered to so he could check out the bikes. He didn't involve himself but he heard most all the conversation. After we left the first time, he didn't say anything but, "Maybe it's not such a good idea to get a bike." So who knows.

HNW suks:mad: ....I'm in to them deep. My wife hates me J/K:) Plus they try to make you go fast in the woods ,So you can crash and by parts!

Zero when does your MANginia heal up? Lets go!!:dj:

They better be dealing on a 350 grizzy soon "Thats all I got to say":beating::boxing:

But you can get free donuts on sat morn:D:

Well I'm glad someone made it right, whomever it was. And I know it was not technically mine or Brian's place to apologize for anyone, but as a manager there myself, it sort of is. Everyone there really tries to create a positive experience for every person who walks through the door (most of the time anyway ;)) and we really do care about our customers and our reputation. I honestly hate the thought of someone leaving pissed off and especially not wanting to do business with us again. So once again I do apolgize for this negative experience. Rick was representing our company when he pissed you off, and now I'm representing our company apologizing because we certainly do not want to loose your (or anyone else's) business. And also because I basically consider everyone on this board my friend and I don't like to piss off my friends!

HNW suks:mad: ....I'm in to them deep. My wife hates me J/K:) Plus they try to make you go fast in the woods ,So you can crash and by parts!

Zero when does your MANginia heal up? Lets go!!:dj:

They better be dealing on a 350 grizzy soon "Thats all I got to say":beating::boxing:

But you can get free donuts on sat morn:D:

:lol::lol:

I'm about ready bro!! I'm not going out in the woods if your wife's gonna be there though, pretty sure she might kill me if she thinks she can dispose of my body!! :boxing::beating:

I'm not clear about who was having a bad day and spoke out of their ass?

She was talking about whoever was being pissy at HNW.... Don't be so eager to jump to conclusions. She wasn't saying anything about you.

She was talking about whoever was being pissy at HNW.... Don't be so eager to jump to conclusions. She wasn't saying anything about you.

Wasn't jumpin' , that's why I asked. My engrish not so good, I still rearning. So fah I rearn sheet and fook and honkey cracka ass.

Wasn't jumpin' , that's why I asked. My engrish not so good, I still rearning. So fah I rearn sheet and fook and honkey cracka ass.

I have no idea what you're saying, but your avatar is cracking me up.

Wow, ive bought two new bikes there, and had them serviced there to. Never had any problems with them, sounds to me like they need to get rid of that service advisor and the tech both. Being that niether is honest. If I ran that place and one of my employees told a customer, (new or return) that we didnt need there business, he would be fired on the spot. Who is he to decide who the owner wants for customers?

Well I'm glad someone made it right....And also because I basically consider everyone on this board my friend and I don't like to piss off my friends!

It's all cool and blown over...as I mentioned before, it's not something I would hold against the entire dealership anyway. I'll prolly just scowl at him when ever I see him and husband will have to keep this bitch on a leash :lol:

I'm sure I'll consider HNW when I'm ready to get a faster sportbike or something.

It's all cool and blown over...as I mentioned before, it's not something I would hold against the entire dealership anyway. I'll prolly just scowl at him when ever I see him and husband will have to keep this bitch on a leash :lol:

I'm sure I'll consider HNW when I'm ready to get a faster sportbike or something.

All good. :) I'll give a quick kick in the nuts tomorrow for ya :D

Also, it's really cool that you're not going to hold this one shitty experience against the whole dealership. I've seen other threads where something silly (like a disagreement over $10) caused someone to want everyone in Columbus to never shop there again and possibly burn the place to the ground. ;)

Also, it's really cool that you're not going to hold this one shitty experience against the whole dealership. I've seen other threads where something silly (like a disagreement over $10) caused someone to want everyone in Columbus to never shop there again and possibly burn the place to the ground. ;)

"That person" even gave up this wonderful forum.................silly:rolleyes:

"That person" even gave up this wonderful forum.................silly:rolleyes:

:lol:

agreed.

Who are you calling a "old fuk"?;)

not you fucker...YOU AINT gone UP the waterfall yet!!!! when you go UP it (with some kind of speed), then you qualify as being one of the old fucks that can RIDE!!!! :) lol

see ya tomorrow after work man!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to HNW for sending someone to jump start my dead battery during the digital scavenger hunt!

and

Many thanks to my team mates for helping me get my new batter in my bike.

It was an adventurous day!

Can't wait to do it again!

Many thanks to HNW for sending someone to jump start my dead battery during the digital scavenger hunt!

and

Many thanks to my team mates for helping me get my new batter in my bike.

It was an adventurous day!

Can't wait to do it again!

did that happen to the RR? u may need a new recifier :(