5 sec. to wreck a new bike

DeathSandwich

That would be ok, except it didn't have a thirty day tag, and when was the last time that a salesman didn't follow you out to your new ride, congradulate you on your purchase and see you off??? I am gonna call bullshit here.

My brother works for Classic Cycles on Morse and had a guy pick up a brand new ZX-12 about a month ago and he was soo excited about the purchase that he was determined to ride it home even in the rain. I guess just about evey person in the place warned him about how slick new motorcycle tires are in the dry let alone the rain. He pulled out onto morse rode and got into the middle lane to merge into traffic...gave it too much gas and lost the rear end dumping the bike not even 200 feet from the dealership...funny deal in retrospect but if you're a biker you've got to feel bad for the guy too.

Andy

Originally posted by desperado:

That would be ok, except it didn't have a thirty day tag, and when was the last time that a salesman didn't follow you out to your new ride, congradulate you on your purchase and see you off??? I am gonna call bullshit here.

??? Bull shit on what exactly? So your saying they staged him leaving and dropping the bike on purpose.

For what reason? You really cant be serious.

After watching that video that you think it was set up.

I knew a guy who thought he was going to get in to bikes. He bought what ever was cool 10 yrs ago. Laid it down in the lot on the way out(having never ridden a bike). Wasn't hurt too bad, said he just left it there and paid for it. I'd say their was more to it than that. It seems like alot of people don't learn to ride before they buy.

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:

??? Bull shit on what exactly? So your saying they staged him leaving and dropping the bike on purpose.

For what reason? You really cant be serious.

After watching that video that you think it was set up.

I dont think hes saying it was staged, just that he didnt just buy it. Perhaps picked it up from a tune up or new tires or something.

If it was a brand new purchase, it should have 30 day tags on it... the bike in the vid didnt.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

I dont think hes saying it was staged, just that he didnt just buy it. Perhaps picked it up from a tune up or new tires or something.

If it was a brand new purchase, it should have 30 day tags on it... the bike in the vid didnt.

Couldn't he have just transferred tags?..especially if he just traded another bike in. I know it works that way w/ cars, and don't know why bikes would be any different?

I love how people pick videos apart.. especially insignificant ones like that one.. though it seems I've gotten sucked into it too.. funny vid smile.gif I'll leave the rest of the investigative work to everyone else.

Guest lilchaz16
Originally posted by Mojoe:

I knew a guy who thought he was going to get in to bikes. He bought what ever was cool 10 yrs ago. Laid it down in the lot on the way out(having never ridden a bike). Wasn't hurt too bad, said he just left it there and paid for it. I'd say their was more to it than that. It seems like alot of people don't learn to ride before they buy.

exactly how are you supposed to learn how to ride a bike without buying your own. i know if i asked one of my friends to use their bikes to learn they would probably kick my ass.

Originally posted by lilchaz16:

exactly how are you supposed to learn how to ride a bike without buying your own. i know if i asked one of my friends to use their bikes to learn they would probably kick my ass.

By wrecking your roommates 2 days after he bought it :( I suck.