There is still some racing goin on around here

Sam1647545489

Proof:

http://flathat.woodstream.net/ColumbusRacing/Hua/Z06_country.mpg

Run down of the vid.

1st race: Me and Gatzer both on spray. Gatzer had a problem.

2nd race: Me and Single RX-7. 7 had to slow for a truck

3rd race: Me and Gatzer and 02 ninja 600, from about a 30 roll.

4th race: Me n/a and a 480rwhp cobra and Dr zo6. I missed 3rd, you can see it when the shift light goes 2x in one shift. We hit 170+ mph

5th race: Dr zo6 and gatzer, still having issues.

6th race: 560rwhp cobra vs 600.

Lasr race, Dr Zo6 with I dunno who.

sweet vid. Those LS engines sound so friggin sick its just.... well, sick.

Question: (hopefully w/o getting flammed *fingers crossed*)

- Do you have your shift light set a few hundred rpm shallow and drag the gear out just a tad on purpose, or are you just not all that concerned w/ slamming into the next gear? Just seems like its on for quite a while before you change gears.

Ive been rockin the Z06 hat since 2001, hopefully i can have one buy 2010 smile.gif

The last race was filmed from my car. Gazter is the Z06 to our left, Linn is the car to the right, which you can see just about when the vid fades out. Those runs were N/A.

That 4th race was bananas. Yup, Ben, it probably was about two miles - you'll cover ground pretty quick at a 160 plus. smile.gif

The yellow one, and the red fox body (hard to see, kinda dark) had just raced. So correct me if I am wrong. Earlier Linn asked the guy in the red Fox Body Mustang to race, he said he doesn't street race, then procedes to street race the yellow Mustang for money. The yellow Mustang loses and the guy is pretty pissed. It sounded to me like the red fox body mustang left a little eairly?

I am still kinda fuzzy on what they were arguing about, but I remember for five minutes prior to what the vid showes, this guy with the yellow mustang was going off on the guy with the red one, making him look like a tool.

Interesting start to the night.

Originally posted by MSTR-TRQ:

I set the shift light a few rpms short of redline due to the fact that when that light pops on theres a split second that it takes for me to shift while the car is still reving. So by the time I shift, car is right at redline.

Good Vid.

Edited because I'm LEROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY JENKINS

[ 14. June 2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: LEEEEROOY JENKINS ]

Originally posted by MSTR-TRQ:

I set the shift light a few rpms short of redline due to the fact that when that light pops on theres a split second that it takes for me to shift while the car is still reving. So by the time I shift, car is right at redline.

D.I.T.T.O.

As like anyone else...

Damn! Was this fri or sat nite? Either way I missed the good shit. I saw Dr.ZO6 and Linn up at target polaris sat nite but left around 2:30 or so... Where'd you guys go after, I left cuz I thought it was dead. Horseshit!

• 1 month later...