haha... for all those who's had a bad experience with tech support

smokin5s

true story:

My older brother worked as a tech support person. The call he got fired for was an older woman who had gotten the computer as a gift. She couldn't get it to turn on. So he walked her through all the normal steps; is it pluged in?, is this cord connected to this port, bla bla bla. any way after ten minutes of this he told her to turn the computer on. Her response was that she was stomping on the foot pedal and it just won't turn on. (she thought it worked like a sewing machine) My brother told her to disconnect everything, box it back up, and return it because she was too fucking stupied to own a computer!

Originally posted by girlygirl18t:

true story:

My older brother worked as a tech support person. The call he got fired for was an older woman who had gotten the computer as a gift. She couldn't get it to turn on. So he walked her through all the normal steps; is it pluged in?, is this cord connected to this port, bla bla bla. any way after ten minutes of this he told her to turn the computer on. Her response was that she was stomping on the foot pedal and it just won't turn on. (she thought it worked like a sewing machine) My brother told her to disconnect everything, box it back up, and return it because she was too fucking stupied to own a computer!

I'm calling bullshit! graemlins/bsflag.gifgraemlins/bsflag.gifgraemlins/bsflag.gifgraemlins/bsflag.gif

I got that story in an e-mail and it has circled the globe I have seen it many times. Yeah I'm sure it was your brother. graemlins/nonono.gif

Women are so trusting.......

Yeah, I did see a guy at Microcenter helpdesk do that. After he read the email that was going around about someone else doing it though. Original story was a woman called that her computer was not powering on. Tech ask her aboout it being plugged inand all that bullshit. Came to find out that there was a power outage when she couldn't see behind the computer to se if thepower cable was plugged in,and made statement that she should box it up and take it back because she was to fucking stupid to own a computer.

Best one was the broad that needed video drivers on a 5.25 floppy, drivers in the box were on a 3.5 disk. Guy made her a copy on 5.25 disk and sent them out. Got a call a week later, said she lost disk. Sent them out again. Thirs call 4 days later, said disk was bad. Dude ask if she hadn't just lost the disk again. She said no, when she got it she hung it on the fridge with a magnet.

This was a close second, I watched a salesman at Sun TV get his ass eat by some lady screaming that her Packard Bell wasn't DOS compatible. She clearly stated that it said to press any key to continue and there wasn't an ANY key anywhere on the keyboard. I know I have heard that one before. But there is at least one woman in the city of Coliumbus that is that stupid.