free garage door opener

Skinner

im guessing less then $50 bucks for the board the relay is sodered on to the board so you cant replace just that.

its a genie promax opener 1/2 hp chain drive was at home depot and they had them there for $150 or $160

as for the part number of the board i will look at it tonight and see if there is on it

ok found a site that has the board for as little as $43 and up to $63 plus shipping i just need to find the part number.

Originally posted by Skinner.:

...the relay is sodered on to the board so you cant replace just that.

...as for the part number of the board i will look at it tonight and see if there is on it

I work in a lab that validates designs for R&D for a very large company, shouldn't be an issue.

I was wondering the p/n and manufacturer of the relay, should be on the top or the side. We probably have something laying around I could put in there with just wires connecting it that has the right ratings. Or I can get ahold of the exact part or a drop in replacement more than likely.

well with the relay im guessing on that thats why im saying the the board is needing replaced.

Had my father in law look at it and everything traces back to the board. since nothing was visably burnt he believed it to be one of 3 relays. I trust his opinion he repair medical equipment for a living but did not have any way to test the relays.

Originally posted by Skinner.:

well with the relay im guessing on that thats why im saying the the board is needing replaced.

Had my father in law look at it and everything traces back to the board. since nothing was visably burnt he believed it to be one of 3 relays. I trust his opinion he repair medical equipment for a living but did not have any way to test the relays.

Cool, just trying to help ya fix it or whoever buys it fix it. Hell, we can probably figure out what is wrong with it here. Just let me know.