Need help with Nitrous??

coryscobra

Ok....... so it has been liuke 4 months and a lot of money and my nitrous still does not work right. Does anybody know of any GOOD and HONEST shops around here that are cheap and are very knowledgable about Nitrous, if so please let me know because I am very frustrated and running out of money.

Do you have a fuel pressure cutoff on the system? It kinda sounds like you are right at the edge of it and just are not getting quite enough fuel, but more description of whats going on would be helpful

what kit are you running.. anythign added on to the kit.. like a window switch or anything. id be happy to take a look at it. pm me and we can go over some details, i might be able to guide you through it over the phone or through PM. if not bring it over and im sure i cna solve the problem.

Guest Removed

i can help pm me on details

ive seen solenoids mounted 2 the engine cause this before ,,,,every thing i drive has spray on it and so do most my my pals ....cause of meheheeh

Originally posted by GTPor50:

it cuts in and out between 4k and 5k rpms. Feels like its missing.

I had the same problem with the Cobra - the spray would shut off for like 800rpms, right around 4700rpms, and then come back on up top. I was running an Edlebrock dry kit, with the window switch and a "Hobbs" switch, which monitors fuel pressure and regulates the amount of spray accordingly.

Originally posted by nathan96:

Do you have a fuel pressure cutoff on the system? It kinda sounds like you are right at the edge of it and just are not getting quite enough fuel, but more description of whats going on would be helpful

Turns out, that was the same problem that I had on the spray. Essentially, that "Hobbs" switch was too sensitive and was cutting off the nitrous when it shouldn't have. All it took was a fuel simple turns on that switch to adjust the sensitivity and it was good to go - no more cutting out.

Some guys just tear those Hobbs switches off, BTW.

Originally posted by :( :

Eric,

Are you running colder plugs gapped smaller?

Is the bottle pressure > 900?

Are the solenoids opening properly when the car is in on RUN with the system armed, when you goose it?

I'm guessing this is on the 5.0?

Its not my car...its corys mach1. I was just stating the problem, b/c he dosen't have access to a comp like I do. Hes my brother for those who are wondering.

I've had both dry and wet systems on my Mustang. I've found that the fuel pressure safety switch is more trouble than it's worth. It's more reliable to just have a fuel pressure gauge in the cockpit with you instead of risking the switch getting antsy and shutting your system down.

Other possible causes are fouled plugs or improperly gapped plugs, and possibly a failing relay or solenoid.

These are the things I would check first.

Good luck, hope you get it working.

first, is ur car blue and did u have it at hensler racing bout a month back? i stopped it and seen james messing with it.

but anyway, get rid of the window switch and all that stupid safety shit. brandon is right, causes more trouble than good. jus use your head and get to "know" your system. wiring is simple. jus follow the diagram

Are you running a micro switch directly to the solenoids? The micro switch is not able to flow enough current on it's own to activate the solenoids correctly, it is only able to activate a relay to open the solenoids.

• 2 weeks later...