Anybody have a honda/acura test harness?

mrstop

Comming back from work, the engine was running rough like it was on 3 cylinders. I checked for engine codes, but the CEL stayed on, which I think means it was on the back-up program.

So I yanked one of the wires to see which cylinder it was. At this point, the car died and want start up. The CEL still stays lit in "check mode."

I'm getting fuel, I can hear the pump & smell gas as the engine turns over.

I'm going to try and check the ignitor and coil today, to see if this is the problem.

I had the ECU go out about a month ago, while it was a different cause (no fuel), the symptoms were similar - car wouldn't start & CEL remained on in check. I just wanted to see if someone has a tester if the ignition check doesn't give me anything.

Thanks.

Looked like it was the ignitor/coil. So I bought a brand new distributor from Distributor King (cheaper & all new). The car fired right up.

I am now back to my original problem. It originally was flashing code 15 which is ignition, but then it went into "backup" mode. I'm trying to go through the trouble shoot, but it appears I need:

- Test harness and a known good ECU.

Anyone have one or the other?

Checked the spark plug wires, and number 4 was bad. Just put on a new set of plug wires, and the car is now smooth.

I have reset the ECU. Question, I know the light should stay on when the service connector is jumped and the engine is running, but should it stay on when the ignition is on and the engine not running?