What gears to use?

99BlownYellowGT

In my 5.0 i currently have 3.73 gears and a 5 speed.I am going to be running nitrous and the car will hardly ever see daily driving chores.What kind of step up in gears should i look into.Im thinking something greater than 4.10's like 4.56's even.But Will i run through my gears to quickly for nitrous?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 99blownyellowgt:

In my 5.0 i currently have 3.73 gears and a 5 speed.I am going to be running nitrous and the car will hardly ever see daily driving chores.What kind of step up in gears should i look into.Im thinking something greater than 4.10's like 4.56's even.But Will i run through my gears to quickly for nitrous?

where are your shift points? have you sprayed the car at the track yet? It would probibly be good to the track and see where you are in 4th gear now and bump up accordingly, also you can compensate for rearend ratio by running a larger diameter tire as well.

Guest FastSaleen
Are they the Performer RPM heads and did you go with the 2.02 intake or are they 1.90 intakes. I have Performer RPM 2.02 heads on my Saleen - paid nearly $1400 for them. I would consider that fairly high dollar - but I'm sure you could find higher dollar heads out there. I'm running a 3.73 D.T.S. detroit locker rear end in my Saleen without NOS. Don't know 1/4 times, but I can run 1:20.4 on Putnam Park Road Course - 1.8 miles.