Injectors for Honda D16Z6?????

Guest jsauer052873

Guest jsauer052873

Hey I want to Boost my D16z6 Motor. What do you all recommend for injectors? I hear the DSM 450cc injectors are best? Any thoughts?????

Thankx in advance.........

How much power are you trying to make?

If you have a stock bottom end DSM injectors will get you to the maximum power levels you can make on it. Keep in mind that you must wire in resistors for them to work, or you can use the resistor packs that came in 1992-95 Prelude's.

You should be able to make 200whp on the stock bottom end, but it really depends on tuning and the condition of the motor.With a Greddy turbo kit you'll need to run 12-14psi for 200whp. You may want to install a Greddy metal headgasket for added safety. I also recommend Hondata for engine managment, and don't forget to upgrade that tiny intank fuel pump.

Originally posted by WearYourPee:

Ricky am I allowed to say anything even moderately derogatory? Like suggest that he buy a motorcycle or some such car for the price it would cost to turbo his current car?

Well everyone has to start somewhere. To this day I don't regret turbocharging my Civic, I just wish I had installed an exhaust on it instead of running the stocker. It wasn't fast but it was fun.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

The 92-95 EX engines had 1.5 liter non-vtec engines producing ~110hp. With 9-10psi, 190-200whp is very possible. My neighbor runs 9.5psi and has 205whp, but his is a 2000 EX, sohc vtec with 127hp.

1.5's are weak, shitty engines for boost. I wouldn't recommend anything over the stock (Greddy) psi of 5-6lbs without upgrading some internals. Boosting a z6 and adding all the fuel management and shit will hardly be worth it in the end, and I'm talking like 4-5 grand after dynotuning and getting all the parts you will want/need. You can get a nice and easy b16 complete changeover (hmotorsonline.com) for $2500-$3000 and imo that would be nicer than boosting an unreliable engine.

ACTUALLY the 1992-95 Civic EX has a SOHC Vtec engine. The engine code is (ta da) D16Z6. I'm not sure where you are getting your information. :confused:

People have been boosting D-series motors forever and if the motor is in good shape they can handle 12-14psi OR about 210whp with a thicker headgasket (proper fuel and tuning of course).

One could say that bolting a Type-R engine into a Civic is "hardly worth it in the end" but it was worth it to you.

Guest mudbutt
IF (huge if) you know what you are doing and what do do and what NOT to do,you can turbo a d series motor with intercooler for under a grand. The rest of the money can be spent on tuning. There are alternatives to hondata, but once again, it is all on you. I have software and eprom burner to chiptune some nissans and obd1 hondas, but I would never just dive in and start changing things without proper knowledge and equipment. Boosting a d series can be very cost effective, fun and reliable. Whatever you do allow a professional tune it. That is money well spent that can make or break the motor. Im sure ricky at IPS could handle this task.

d16 engine with the 450cc dsm injectors a honda resistor box, hondata, a greddy turbo kit, and an intercooler.

The dsm injectors took a bit of massaging on the orings to make them fit correctly but there was never any other problems with them. We did 197whp and there was some room for more, but the greddy kit was sold instead of trying to push it too far.

The car is now running a t3/t4 with some other goodies but it was fairly nice with the old setup. It did end up costing quite a bit in the end, but there were other upgrades done to it to make it ready for the bigger turbo that was added last winter. If you shop around you should be able to pick up all the stuff you need for good prices and do it for a lot cheaper than we did.

The car was tuned at payn tech in michigan and the owner was very happy with his experience there.

The 92-95 EX engines had 1.5 liter non-vtec engines producing ~110hp. With 9-10psi, 190-200whp is very possible. My neighbor runs 9.5psi and has 205whp, but his is a 2000 EX, sohc vtec with 127hp.

1.5's are weak, shitty engines for boost. I wouldn't recommend anything over the stock (Greddy) psi of 5-6lbs without upgrading some internals. Boosting a z6 and adding all the fuel management and shit will hardly be worth it in the end, and I'm talking like 4-5 grand after dynotuning and getting all the parts you will want/need. You can get a nice and easy b16 complete changeover (hmotorsonline.com) for $2500-$3000 and imo that would be nicer than boosting an unreliable engine.

D16z6 = 1.6 , d15 = 1.5 d16 = 1.6

b16's are weak. If you are going to swap, b18b/c1/c5

As for saying turbo d16's are shit, you are wrong.

oh it it has vee-tech ;)

I run 370cc's but 450's will work fine

Guest No_Speed4_You

What???? I have a greddy kit on my car and a few goodies with stock internals and trust me, it's very reliable. D16Z6's can hold a lot of power. Show me most any B series and show them my tail lights. Also, compare the prices when you blow the B series compared to the D series.

Originally posted by 98GSR-T:

Show me most any B series and show them my tail lights. Also, compare the prices when you blow the B series compared to the D series. [/QB][/quote

What about a B series with a t3/t4???

:D [/QB]

I konw some D's that can take that down

Well, you guys do know that all of Greddy's turbo kits come with the E-Manage now, right? So, there's really no need to go get a Hondata. And when it comes to tuning it, Ricky and the rest of the IPS crew can tune it for you.

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Vash The Stampede:

Well, you guys do know that all of Greddy's turbo kits come with the E-Manage now, right? So, there's really no need to go get a Hondata. And when it comes to tuning it, Ricky and the rest of the IPS crew can tune it for you.

IIRC you can not modify the map in the emanage that comes with it. It is locked. You either have to wipe it clean or use the tune it comes with. Still cool that they supply it with the kits now.

Originally posted by Vash The Stampede:

There is never no need for hondata ;)