new muffler

Guest preluderacer

Guest preluderacer
hey my muffler just died on my prelude and my parents are pushing for me to by another stock muffler. If anyone has some suggestions please let me know.

Originally posted by preluderacer:

hey my muffler just died on my prelude and my parents are pushing for me to by another stock muffler. If anyone has some suggestions please let me know.

Go to the dealer or a decent exhaust shop and get a stock exhaust. Nothing to really ask about. smile.gif

Guest preluderacer
look before anyone starts saying shit i don't mean to rice out my car i just figured that if i can get a little extra horse out of it while replacing it i should

Guest nevarmore

Are you going to be modding the car further? In imports (not rice) exhaust is usually one of the first modifications because it allows you to upgrade things in the engine later.

If you aren't planning on doing much upstream then don't worry, save your money and stay stock.

If you are going to be modifying things then go to one of the Honda sites (http://www.honda-tech.com is reccomended a lot) and ask the guys who know your car what exhausts are quieter and less buzzy.

Guest preluderacer
i think after reading all this i'm just going to get stock. i can't afford to do much to my car except for maybe an intake sooner or later but thats really it. thanks for all your help