help tool question

girlygirl18t

I started to change my rear brake pads on my bike today. i ran into a major problem. i can't get this freaking bolt off. It uses a larger alum key and the little fucker was put on there soo freaking tight it won't budge. I didn't want to strip the bolt out so i stopped. Is there a special tool or air tool that can take this bolt off?

If it's a special tool do they carry it at Iron Pony, i'm trying not to make another trip up there today.

bend?

these are allen key stubs made into sockets that go on an impact wrench.

they hex key you used should have a size engraved on it.

figure out the size or bring over whatever it is your using and I'll fix you up with whatever you need to take it apart.

Guest timmybgood
blow torch it? i just had to do my rotors and one of the bolts on the caliper carrier would not budge, in fact it snapped my 3/8" drive ratchet and the bolt was starting to round. so i let it feel the burn for about 5 minutes then after a couple more kicks it finally moved

Make sure it isn't a backward thread or something stupid. If not it is probably heat siezed in. Go buy flame retardant liquid wrench (don't remember the can color). Soak the bolt three or four times with an hour or so between soaks, then a little heat and some wrenching should get it. Vice grips on the hex should add some leverage.