Best fuel pump setup for 99 Cobra

BDHG940

What do you believe the best setup would be on a blown application. I am looking to just upgrade, not go balls to the walls and spend a couple thousand. Anyone think going with the Steeda dual 255's would be good or go with the 03 cobra in-tank? I am open for any options and looking to see if anyone else knows of a better setup to go with. Car makes 440hp and don't plan on going any higher than that.

Well, the '99s have a returnless setup, and I've heard the returnless boys have had great success w/ the '03 Cobra tank/pump setup. I have a return style fuel system in mine and I'm running a 255lph in-tank and a 255lph in-line, putting 475-500 to the wheels. No problems yet, but I'm not sure what kinda room I have to work with. I'd suggest the '03 Cobra setup to you though because we all know it can support quite a bit.

Use 03 cobra pumps and tank, period. If you want to make more power then use a cobra tank with focus pumps and a BAP wired correctly. The walbro returnless pumps are a gyrator pump (like a lobe pump) and cannot control pressure very precisely, they also WILL fail in short order. The 03 cobras use a turbine (centrifugal) pump which is meant to control pressure in small intervals.

The aviator pumps are NOT a viable solution, IMHO, you have to use a aviator FPDM and then attempt to program the PID controller correctly, very few people have luck doing this, and those that do spend a LOT of time getting it to work correctly.

Question: I thought that you could just use the 03 cobra pump and module? Is the Ford dealership the only place or the best priced place to find this? What about going to return style system is there any advantage of this? Sorry so many questions I just want the done right the first time and not fu#$ something up like what normally happens.

Originally posted by BDHG940:

Question: I thought that you could just use the 03 cobra pump and module? Is the Ford dealership the only place or the best priced place to find this? What about going to return style system is there any advantage of this? Sorry so many questions I just want the done right the first time and not fu#$ something up like what normally happens.

You gotta use the tank too, the internal baffle is different.