MCIR sucks

Buck531

Yup. Last time I go there. I only went tonight just to see how the Mustang would do (14.6 @ 94 w/ a shitty 2.3 short time), but hell, I was there 4+ hours and only got 3 runs in. :mad: They seem to let everyone else run more than the street cars... :(

Yep, Lets see, the big dogs ran,.. great, then the kiddies in *** mini rails, then the atv's, then the bikes. THEN, the same thing happened again.. while there were a HUGE 4 lines of cars (street) waiting to run..oh well.

Last time I go there. Shit, the slips worked (this time), but ya figure with ALL the money they bring in for a Friday, thy'd fix the god damn boards.. the time was right, the trap was like +700.. :(

At least the traction was better tonight...

I ran twice, the first run w/o nitrous i ran a 12.33 all seemed solid. The second run I lost a cylinder at the 1/8th, but kept pushing and managed a 11.99... at a very low 108.59. I learned that I lost fuel pressure during the run and melted 2 of my plugs. I left right after and went home to check the compression. Thank God for forged internals, I will be running tomorrow.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

At least the traction was better tonight...

I ran twice, the first run w/o nitrous i ran a 12.33 all seemed solid. The second run I lost a cylinder at the 1/8th, but kept pushing and managed a 11.99... at a very low 108.59. I learned that I lost fuel pressure during the run and melted 2 of my plugs. I left right after and went home to check the compression. Thank God for forged internals, I will be running tomorrow.

I know I saw you there. But, there were too many DSM's to walk up to you and say "hey, are you IwishIwascool"? smile.gif . I think I saws your 11.99 run. Good stuff.

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Yeah, I still like the track. I cant believe how busy they were tonight though. Too bad I got kicked out for not having a cage...

-Marc

buhahahahahaha

no.. wait..

b uahahaahaa..

Lumina > cark.

Originally posted by Wease:

Yup. Last time I go there. I only went tonight just to see how the Mustang would do (14.6 @ 94 w/ a shitty 2.3 short time), but hell, I was there 4+ hours and only got 3 runs in. :mad: They seem to let everyone else run more than the street cars... :(

how that A/C work out?

you get your tail pipe tightened up?

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR ASS:

how that A/C work out?

you get your tail pipe tightened up?

AC still works, although I haven't had much use for it the past week. I guess that's a good thing. And the tailpipe is all fixed and tightened up. Thanks again for the AC help... graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Cark [equal/greater than] WRX...as it sits. Ask Jerrod.

-Marc

with the go and me in thrid from a 20 roll. if youd like to get down again, im happy to oblige. its going to cost you a chilito this time, though.

• 1 month later...
Guest 1sweet3.4
I haven't been out to MCIR this year, did they fix the wavy ass track or is it still just as shady as it's ever been? I think I have hooked better and gone straighter on a gravel road.

I was there last night! NO TRACTION PLUS I CAN'T DRIVE!!!! I like the folks that run it, unfortunately they were waaay to busy with the lil kids driving the lawn mower powered rails etc. I took two passes within 3 1/2 hours, sideways in 2nd both times. Bad times but enjoyed the guys I went up with ---

I went, my first time at the track.

My first run was my best run - I put down 13.1 @ 102 mph. That was just on the motor, and that was with me letting out early because I didn't know where the finish line was. graemlins/nonono.gif (The finish line was marked by a singular, smallish orange cone - not the boards where they flash up the times/mph, which was like several hundred yards before that cone and was where I assumed the finish line was.)

My sixty-foots owned me. I was consistently putting down whopping 2.3's and 2.4's. (Watchoutnow!) When I started spraying, my traps got respectable - I think I trapped a best of 118, and my other traps on spray were right around 115 and 116. Yet, my ETs kept getting worse - for instance, I think I had an ET of 13.4 on that 118 trap. Some of it probably was attributable to me getting heatsoaked - I hotlapped like four passes in a row one time. (Not sure how I managed that - I just kept going up to the shortest lane and the dude in the pink shirt just kept ushering me on out.) But, in the end, I think it was my launches that were the primary culprit. Oh well, you have to start somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Venomss:

I went, my first time at the track.

My first run was my best run - I put down 13.1 @ 102 mph. That was just on the motor, and that was with me letting out early because I didn't know where the finish line was. graemlins/nonono.gif (The finish line was marked by a singular, smallish orange cone - not the boards where they flash up the times/mph, which was like several hundred yards before that cone and was where I assumed the finish line was.)

My sixty-foots owned me. I was consistently putting down whopping 2.3's and 2.4's. (Watchoutnow!) When I started spraying, my traps got respectable - I think I trapped a best of 118, and my other traps on spray were right around 115 and 116. Yet, my ETs kept getting worse - for instance, I think I had an ET of 13.4 on that 118 trap. Some of it probably was attributable to me getting heatsoaked - I hotlapped like four passes in a row one time. (Not sure how I managed that - I just kept going up to the shortest lane and the dude in the pink shirt just kept ushering me on out.) But, in the end, I think it was my launches that were the primary culprit. Oh well, you have to start somewhere...

exactly.. This why I posted in your other thread about renting out MCIR. (running on a dirt track). The traction there sucks. The track is a fucking hillbilly run place with tards for people who run the track.

edit - I just re-read your post and yes, it was your first time there.. Lemmie guess, it'll be your last smile.gif .

Originally posted by Buck531:

exactly.. This why I posted in your other thread about renting out MCIR. (running on a dirt track). The traction there sucks. The track is a fucking hillbilly run place with tards for people who run the track.

edit - I just re-read your post and yes, it was your first time there.. Lemmie guess, it'll be your last smile.gif .

Actually, no, I'm giving MCIR another shot tonight at Andrew's event. I've heard a lot of people say the same things that you have about the track - e.g., it sucks, it's bumpy, it doesn't hook. So, I figure then that if I can get some respectable passes there, then things should only improve when I move on to other, better tracks. smile.gif