Auto-X Sunday

NWill

Supraguy - nice job roasting the tires out there. I'm always a fan of gross displays of HP. :D

It seemed like you also put down some decent times. Hope to see you out during the season. (If I end up running OVR)

Originally posted by Mallard:

Supraguy - nice job roasting the tires out there. I'm always a fan of gross displays of HP. :D

It seemed like you also put down some decent times. Hope to see you out during the season. (If I end up running OVR)

Thanks man, I went out today with intentions of just having some fun. I didn't wanna bother too much with times. It looked like you were going through pretty smoothly.

I was there, it was my first event ever. I was the one in the red Mustang Cobra. Supraguy95: Were you the one in the black Supra? What kind of times did you put down? I worked my way down into the 42s and had a good run going on my final run and went to hard into that sweeper after the long straight and kind of fugged it up. But I already registered for the points event in two weeks. I'm hooked!

Yeah, Nick/supraguy: I would have come by to meet you, but we were in opposite run groups so it would have been hard. If you're out again there should be more then 2 groups so it won't be as hectec. Feel free to stop by my car if you see me out.

BTW: I got down to a 39.311. The car still had a little left in it but I'm not the best driver yet. It seemed like anyone below 43's had a respectable time, especially if it was your first time out.

Mallard now that I think about it I remember seeing you run. I was working corner 1 so I didn't stay very busy.

I was having trouble with the 1-2 shift off the start because I was reaching redline too close to the turn but if I waited to shift till after the turn I think I would have rode on the rev-limiter too long. I ended up short shifting at 5-6k which was working pretty good. If I could have run again though maybe I wasn't as close to the rev limiter as I thought.

I mainly need to work on getting closer to the cones and looking further ahead I think. I could probably push it harder than I think as well.