who makes the best LS1 motors?

1Quik7

how about cams and heads...what the hell are all those numbers about? i know the xxx/xxx is the intake/exhaust duration...and then there is the lift(kinda self explanatory) then there is the lobe seperation and valve jobs..blah blah blah...how do they all fit together?

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

how about cams and heads...what the hell are all those numbers about? i know the xxx/xxx is the intake/exhaust duration...and then there is the lift(kinda self explanatory) then there is the lobe seperation and valve jobs..blah blah blah...how do they all fit together?

Lobe seperation angle (LSA) is, I believe the angle between the intake lobe, and the exhaust lobe. I believe the smaller the number, the bigger the lope.

The cam I had in my T/A was the T-ReX cam by Thunder Racing. The specs on it were:

242*/248* .612/.615 109* LSA

That was a pretty hefty cam for that motor. Ran well though for being untuned. Never got a chance to test it out tuned though. :(

I've got a small vid clip of it that I need to upload one of these days. Dialup makes that hard to do though.

Originally posted by Jackson:

<font size="]" target="_blank">http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/[/QB]

they just did a turbocharged ls1 at over 1600fwhp

i realy think they are your best bet.

futral motor sports is also good, i think they have the fastest 346 6speed car.

get on www.ls1tech.com and research

ls1tech also has agreat section dedicated to ls1 swaps alot of converted rotors there who can help you out

for lsa the lower the number the higher the power band. example a lsa 109 will make more power up high then a lsa 114.

the lsa 114 will have more torque/power down low though and also lope less