check this out

znperformance

Originally posted by Renner:

[QB]So much funny stuff in that thread.

Hoop-D:

------------------------------------------

NOCAB72 ... his R33 in at Quantum right now. However....he has a certain other little rocket. cHances are if you have seen vids on the net of a silver RX7 whipping others...it is him.

-------------------------------------------

Hoop-D:

--------------------------------------------

Did we boast Kyle's car as our's or the fastest Quantum produced? NO! That is ludacris!!!

---------------------------------------------

For not wanting to boast about Kyle’s car, you certainly have a funny way of not talking about it.

[QB]

Someone posted..."Where is NOCAB"?

I answered truthfully...why does that matter to anyone?

He has a fast 7...everyone knows that. He himself posted his vids on CSR and in group conversations....many people say..."Oh dude, I have seen a video of your car."

This whole beef is retarded!

Mark responded on CSR....so can this crap rest until the proven moment?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarkMyers

Good lord what a mess. graemlins/nonono.gif

All I did was drive the damn car down to Cincy and hang out with some cool ppl. Howard, I pretty much take your stance. This whole little affair started (from my point of view) when some guys were saying how cool it was to meet Quantum and how happy they were with our work. One of the IPS gentlemen jumped onto the board with a long (completely unrelated) post with negative intent and so it was called to my attention. The first one I saw was on SRD. The same comments (and others) seemed to have made it to other boards; some of which has been copied and pasted.

Anyhoo, I said it before and I'll say it again; I am modding my car for my own tastes. I like the EVO and therefore bought one to do what I like with it. I don't give a crap what anyone else says about it's potential in some type of competition; I didn't build it as a shop car; nor did I build it to be the cheapest drag car possible or for anything other than the passion I have for Evo's. I would love to have an EVO 6.5 as one of my dream cars. Isn't that what this whole business is for? Passion for our cars? I cannot help what 50 people who saw it at one meet or another say about it. You will always get that with a car which is a bit out of the ordinary. Heck I overheard my aims for the car jump by leaps and bounds WHILE I WAS THERE. Next thing you know, someone tells someone else it actually runs the numbers as it sits. After that, I have supposedly run it at the track, etc. Or I say it will outrun so and so, etc. Heck I had one guy come up to me to ask me when I was going to run the twinturbo Porsche that showed up that day. I was like, Umm, I don't even know him. Hearsay, all. Howard I think you know me well enough to know I don't go around saying that kind of crap.

That being said, I will not simply let IPS associates go around to different boards saying incorrect and negative things like that. I HATE being pulled into mudslinging contests. Anyways, I made my statement on each board and replied to any direct statements to me and so I am done. I will ask my guys to call it a day as well (but it's still their own choice what they do and say).

All I can say is I was a bit taken aback over what has occured the last few weeks. I grow weary of it; I will NOT be on these forums again for this mess. If anyone wants to get ahold of me to actually ask ME what is going on, please seek me out through Jason (Hoop-D).

PEACE, people! smile.gif

graemlins/doh.gif <---- What we are accomplishing.

BTW,

Howard, congrats! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Mark

www.Quantum-Racing.com

^^^^

+ 1

I have MAD respect for the cars at IPS and shops around the state/country. Individuals' cars and shops' cars. I like the scene and I like the people....whether it be here, Cincy, Dayton, Cleveland, Timbuktu, etc.

I apologize for anything that may have set this off...especially the 10 second thing a while back...we were simply excited to have that EVO up and out on the street...so I was a little over-zealous...but that is what I get for it.

Above all...Mark is my friend...and I respect his knowledge and craftsmanship. I respect Quantum and its staff, customers, and friends.

I am not in the business of making enemies. I have been on CR for quite some time...and I know and have met so many cool people from it.

Ricky and I have butted heads over posts and rules on here, but nothing ever related to any of this drama. Personally...I find the dude funny and entertaining. I sent him a PM to be shared with all IPS extending my hand.

I have said it many times before...we should help each other out when the opportunities present themselves...and I think they will.

Outside the shop (i.e., call outs, etc.)...it's all good, but malign statements solve nothing...especially when it is comprised of hearsay and he said/she said.

See you guys the streets...and maybe when I am not spending so much $$$ on my home and family...at the track (speaking of me and my car only). I need to practice too...I suck at driving...just ask Mark how I managed to crack two front lips in a matter of weeks. :rolleyes:

Later...peace. tongue.gif:D

Jason

[ 23. April 2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Hoop-D ]

Guest ImprezaWRX
Originally posted by jallen100:

We always had to trailer our cars around to the track and street racing and stuff. Now when a bunch of cars drive down to Cincy or hell even the other side of Columbus and spend all night racing it and then drive it to work in the morning is pretty damn impressive. I must say that racing in the big show so to speak and having fast ass door slammers and hearing the crowd after you car just stunned everyone is an awsome feeling but the imports have turned out to be fun also. I am not trying to knock anyone here but both types of cars are both fun and racing is racing no matter what it is.

AMEN

Guest johnsfocus02

$250,000

- $200,000(house) ----------------

$50,000

- $46,000 (my very own chipotle shop) -------------------------------------

$4,000

- $3,600 ( two pounds of weed)

--------------------------------

$400

-$350 ( lots of beer for the new house party)

---------------------------------------------

$50

-$1.99 ( redbull) -----------------

$48.01

-$20 (your mom)

----------------------

Shit I still got $28.01, wait I got it. Two tanks of $1.89 a gallon gas for my 59 second focus

Originally posted by Desperado:

graemlins/gives.gif Now lets all break out our sewing machine sounding imports and claim were fast.

When I see an EVO, or any import for that matter, running in Kings of the street, I will be impressed. It's the simple law of money.

$25000 against $250000, you put a quarter mill in am import, I will go buy a $5000 roller and a $20000 540 CI crate motor and well take em down the track. And I will WIN EVERY time. It perplexes the shit out of me that people throw money hand over fist at 4 banger imports expecting then to go fast, and they still aren't as fast or as quick as a stack of tubing, a crate motor and half the time invested will run. But to each his own.

who the hell pissed in your cheerios. dood you have no respect for the pride and joy of others. a perfect example of the hill jack mentality that gives CR a bad name out there.

and btw those 4 bangers that are getting tons of money dropped into them are going to be a tad bit faster than 11's. be aware of a few 9-10 sec "ricers" this summer i think one of them is going to have a bone to pick with you.

Everyone here has good points and bad points... the few things I have to say about this...

a.) Why the hell do we have to have another import vs. domestic thread? I mean, come on guys, this is fucking stupid... everyone knows Domestics OWN Imports tongue.gif (This is a total joke, so if you don't understand humor, don't bother replying :D )

b.) There are fast Domestics and Imports... get over it

c.) Domestics (with V-8's) can do very well in road racing and still kick ass on the drag strip (hopefully if I ever get my POS done and I get a touch of luck with my shitty driving, I'll prove that tongue.gif ) I only went to a few autocross events last year, but I do believe the fastest cars going around that course WERE in fact Domestic cars and not Imports, so that whole B.S. about Imports can't drag race, or Domestics can't take turns or whatever is just plain stupid.

d.) This thread needs to take a drastic turn or should be locked...

That is all :D

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

Desparado, like i said before. your only as fast as your pockets are deep. im not saying that a large displacment domestic can't beat an import, hell no. im saying there's no way you could do it on 25grand.

even if you did find a pile of "rolling pipes" as you say, the money it would take you to find the right tranny/rearend/tires would take you well over 25grand.

oh and the "chicks" comment, was a joke shouldn't take it so seriously. i don't roll around in my car "trying to jock the girlies". although, i would kill to have a '69 chevelle SS with a 454, but would it be a very good daily driver? nah, would i even make it into a 9 sec. car? nah.

so where's quantum racing?

Hold on a second. I have to stick with Desperado on this one. I guarantee you that I can spend 10 grand on an old muscle car or camaro or something and run over top of you. You and I can go to Jegs and you buy stuff for an Import and I buy stuff for a domestic. We both spend the same amount and my car will be faster. That is just the way it is. I give much props to the imports and I am slowly starting to get in to it but a domestic car is much easier to do. The parts are more available and have been around for a long time.

Originally posted by Clint Eastwood:

Ok. How in the world can you say it's not fair that the imports want to run turbos but the V8's have to run NA, and then go on to say that it's no fair that the imports are (supposedly) spending more money? Is it run what you brung or isn't it? Can't have it both ways!

Also, how do you figure you're going to run 6's for $25,000? You better run over to Lee Howie's shop, shoot you should write a book because I'm sure there are a LOT of shops and race teams that have been running 6's for years that would LOVE to do it for $25,000! Give me a freaking break! I stop reading when I read that BS!

It will cost you about 250,000 minimum to run 6's. Ant that is just to get started. That does not include maintenance and broken parts.

Originally posted by kenny:

Ramble much?

Buddy Ingersoll's car was a 262" twin turbo V6, this was in 86 when there was no size restriction.

He didn't dominate, he trailed most of the season, but the car finally came around and was running solid 7.20's in a 7.60 class.

He lost the final round of the final race of the season, and then his car was banned from the class.

Now, nothing has changed and Pro Stock is just as lame as every other drag racing class with massive limitations.

I don't know what that has to do with ANYTHING in this thread, just thought I would clear some of your rambled bullshit up.

Kenny, your a dip shit. Pro Stock is about the most exciting class in drag racing with the exception of Pro Mod. Get a grip. Once you get in to some fast shit then you will see that. HA HA

Originally posted by Mike C:

Outside observation:

I bet the local import tuners here would turn out faster cars if they didn't spend the majority of their time on internet forums measuring the size of their dicks.

Nawwww. Im positive mine would be slower cuz i wouldnt have any motivation to make it faster tongue.gif

Honestly. If it wasnt for all the shit-talking i was doing with jason and zavier and their light, "roll-race only" rx7s i would have never upgraded my turbos last year smile.gif

Motivation my man, motivation.

[ 23. April 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: turbotrio ]

Originally posted by Mike C:

Outside observation:

I bet the local import tuners here would turn out faster cars if they didn't spend the majority of their time on internet forums measuring the size of their dicks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Hoop-D:

PR...nah. I know this is generating plenty of publicity though. Spinning bullshit, eh? Not my intention.

LOL. I guess if you consider riding a tilt-a-wirl not spinning tongue.gif

This whole thing (starting all the way back to you "not racing" ricky up to today) has been nothing but you putting your spin on things. For example:

FACT: You raced ricky on 270 and got severly viloated (i was in the passenger seat to witness).

SPIN: "I didnt know i was racing...there was a cop...there was an exit coming up...i didnt know if i honked 3 times that meant we were racing...i got out of it early...i didnt build my car to race i built it for me."

FACT: At the time of the import carshow Andrew had not purchased and had not had any work done by Quantum Racing errr Technologies and then you have the nerve to critique his set-up when its the only car in the whole group to run any #s.( Unless you are calling him a liar because thats what he told me there )

SPIN: "You dont know who is or isnt a customer of ours...Andy is a great guy...he will be buying parts from us in the future...do i need to show you our invoices?...our set-up would have been better even though we have no numbers to back it up...blah blah blah".

FACT: You posted a pic of marks evo with the title "10 second EVO"

SPIN: "i cant believe you guys take everything literally...with the parts on the car it will EASILY run 10s...cars with fewer mods have run 10s...it was all in fun...why do people keep wanting to race me?...i never said my car was fast".

FACT: Mark (hence Quantum) has never really raced/owned a car that has put down any numbers at all up to this point.

SPIN: "The wrx burned because of a parts failure...i build my cars for me...i prefer to road-race...if you dont race then your car cant be fast...Jeffs great driving is why i lost to a fwd car in my awd from a dig."

FACT: Andrew was invited to go along on your Cincy trip and did all the racing while you guys watched. Next day all that gets posted is someone in your group racing a FAST mustang.

SPIN: "Why are you guys only about racing?...We went down to chill in a parking lot and meet people...we didnt build our cars for other people...why does it matter that we didnt race?"

Funny how "hanging out in a parking lot" wasnt what was posted about huh?

FACT: Basz Calls you out on the SRC board and you sorta "accept".

SPIN: "We've got cars finishing up...2 weeks...how would you like to race?... this customer or that customer...blah blah blah"

Funny how when i do it its "We only have my EVO and were not ready to race it yet so no thank you"

THESE ARE THE FACTS AND THEY ARE UNDISPUTED.

For the Millionth time, we (both me personally and IPS as a company) dont have any problem whatsoever with Quantum. We do however have a few issues with the PR dept's "SPIN" on things smile.gif

Oh, and Mark your car looks pretty damn nice for only having 2 weeks in building it ;)

I like threads with two completely different topics going on at the same time :D:D